At Michaels Stores, Inc., creativity is at the center of everything we do. We are the North America?s largest specialty retailer of arts, crafts, framing, floral, wall d?cor and seasonal merchandise for the hobbyist and do-it-yourself home decorator. Michaels Stores, Inc. operates six distribution centers strategically located throughout the United States to supply our stores with merchandise. They are located in California, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Washington.
Please check Michaels webpage for more information at www.michaels.com
Provide communication, leadership, direction and timely information to both the associates and management team. Maintains a high level of safety, quality and department morale. Responsible for employee guidance, counseling and performance appraisals.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with manager and other departments to ensure distribution center's goals are attained in both budget and production.
- Provides training and guidance that encourages the steady growth and development of capable, contributing associates.
- Identifies and promptly resolves safety, production and communications problems which prevent the department from meeting deadlines and schedules.
- Documents disciplinary actions as needed. Develops performance appraisals for each assigned associate for management approval.
- Communicates with other management team members to coordinate operations and facilitate a smooth, efficient workflow.
- Maintain the building's integrity concerning inbound, outbound, and /or inventory through consistent monitoring practices.
- Ensures associates comply with corporate, distribution center and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One-year supervisory experience preferred. Basic knowledge of warehouse concept in a distribution environment preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with subordinates managers, officers (and the general public).
- Computer literate.
- Minimum high school; college degree preferred. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to degree or combination of training and experience may be acceptable.
Michaels - 9 months ago
Michaels Stores is crafty. The nation's #1 arts and crafts retailer owns and operates about 1,075 Michaels Stores across the US and...