PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To manage and direct departmental personnel in a manner which will achieve established Company goals and objectives.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Plans work schedules and assigns duties to maintain effective work flow throughout the department.
Exercises effective management and control over assigned areas. Ensures assigned areas are staffed sufficiently to meet daily work requirements.
Reviews processes and methods and recommends cost saving measures.
Communicates productivity issues to the Operations Manager in a timely and concise manner. Develops and presents solutions to resolve issues.
Ensures associates are provided with a positive work environment and all tools necessary to their success.
Monitors work performed to ensure quality, accuracy and customer service goals are met on a continuous basis. Ensures adherence to Standard Operating Procedures.
Apprises associates of performance issues. Consults with Operations Manager to determine effective address to correct issues.
Maintains daily updates to payroll and Labor Management System.
Prepares and maintains all required productivity and staffing reports.
Ensures all associates are adequately trained in adherence with the Distribution Center training procedures and policies.
Promotes safe working practices by example and direction. Ensures associates comply with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
Investigates and prepares accident reports. Participates in development of corrective action process to prevent future occurrences.
Adheres to all Company Policies and Procedures.
Promotes associate programs to improve morale. Partners with Human Resources to address associate issues.
Prepares and delivers associate performance appraisals.
Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and and communicates with other supervisors and managers, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of a High School diploma; B.A in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field preferred.
• A minimum of two years supervisory experience in a high volume Warehouse/Distribution environment.
• Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; to direct reports, outside callers, visitors, vendors and to all levels within the Company.
• A minimum of one year experience working with Warehouse Management Systems, Engineered Standards and automated payroll systems.
• Proficient in PC applications and operation.
• Ability to operate all required equipment.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
• Ability to contribute and promote the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to speak and hear clearly.
• Frequently required to bend, stoop, and stand.
• Frequently required to walk, climb stairs and work at all levels within the facility.
• Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
10 to 25 non-exempt associates.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
Northern Tool + Equipment is a family business that takes pride in our ability to equip you with the tools to tackle tough challenges. We strive to build lasting relationships and promote a fun and unique Northern experience. For more than 30 years, Northern Tool + Equipment has been the ultimate resource for contractors, automotive shops, grounds maintenance professionals, homeowners and serious do-it-yourselfers. We are a multi-million dollar retail, internet, and catalog powerhouse with strength and stability rivaled only by the exceptional products we sell.
*Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal employment opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Since founder Don Kotula opened his garage door to the world in 1980, Northern Tool + Equipment has stayed true to a vision that has guided...