Distribution Supervisor (2B)
Please fill in the information below and use the navigational buttons to continue.
Warning: Using your browser's Back and Forward buttons may produce undesirable results.
· Supervises and coordinates activities of workers. Prepare and study production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
· Interprets specifications and job orders for workers. Enforces safety regulations and assigns duties.
· Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet shipping schedules. Maintains time and production records.
· Recommends measures to improve distribution methods, equipment performance, and quality of product, and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department.
· Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
· Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
· Performs duties related to inventory control
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall it be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
· May train new workers, confer with other supervisors to resolve issues, and set up machines and equipment.
· May be required to drive a forklift.
· Develops among assigned personnel a consciousness for the need for teamwork to attain department objectives.
· Support of and involvement in company, department, and/or safety policies, procedures, programs and activities.
· Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to perform complex tasks in Excel and other company specific computer programs
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee isregularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
· The employee must exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Nutraceutical Corporation - 10 months ago
Nutraceutical International is all over the natural foods industry. It manufactures, markets, and even retails a world of nutritional...