Organizes the staff and workload to meet or exceed distribution productivity performance standards for designated area (Receiving, Put Away, Packing, Shipping, or Inventory Control). Develops daily work schedules as workload situation demands. Coordinates all warehouse activities to provide a smooth and efficient flow of work.
Provides leadership to a group of team members, who provide timely solutions to customer needs. Participates in candidate selection. Trains, evaluates, and recommends and delivers disciplinary action when necessary, for issues as attendance, performance, safety, or policy violation. Conducts yearly performance reviews and feedback sessions with employees as needed to discuss metrics and performance related issues, prior to issues becoming increasingly serious. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Actively seeks development opportunities for team members. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and cooperation among team members. Reconciles and approves time detail for employees in e-time/Kronos system.
Recommends and develops ideas for improvement in operating methods and procedures, and to resolve problems when these arise. Makes recommendations to improve warehouse layout, workflow, operating costs and customer service, for consideration and approval of the Director of Logistics Operations and other concerned management personnel.
Resolves customer service (internal/external) issues via phone, fax, and e-mail and first person meetings, at times partnering with other departments and utilizing whatever resources necessary; use the same avenues to strengthen business relationships.
Maintains safety standards and training in the department; ensures that the building is maintained in a clean and safe manner and that inventories and equipment are properly protected against theft, fire and other hazards that may cause loss or damage.
Follows-up on hazardous materials packaging, storage and shipping to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
Assists in the formulation of annual operating budget and objectives.
Ensures that committed orders ship on time and that carriers comply with scheduled pick-up commitments.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree required in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive supervisory experience required in a distribution environment.
- Experience supervising multiple functions within the distribution center, including but not limited to; Inbound (receiving), Production, Packing, and Shipping Departments.
- “Big Box” experience managing in a large distribution center with high, fast pace volume.
- Flexibility and open to re-location within theU.S.distribution network is a must.
Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills be able to lead, coach and motivate a large group employees along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate well to employees, peers, various levels of management, and have a strong customer orientation to develop strong customer relationships. Must be able to handle conflict well and give positive and negative feedback along with managing performance issues.
Must possess strong written and communication skills to clearly express his or her ideas to customers, employees, and higher levels of management, and document performance reviews and discipline when needed.
Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to evaluate issues as they occur and respond to issues with creative problem solving. Must possess problem solving skills to be able to manage the area of responsibility and utilize personnel efficiently to meet company standards.
Must possess strong organizational skills to meet deadlines and assist staff in multi-tasking.
Must be self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, as well as a quick learner.
Must be computer literate be able to utilize Microsoft Outlook and Word. Must have exposure to a WMS (Warehouse Management System).
- Must be capable of standing, walking, bending, lifting, moving, unloading and carrying up to 70 lbs. If necessary, gets assistance with heavy loads.
- Must be able to operate forklift equipment safely.
- Will be working in typical office environment approximately 20 to 30 percent of the time.
- Will be working in distribution center environment with fluctuating temperatures approximately 70 to 80 percent of the time.
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and...