Through the direction of the Distribution Senior Manager, the Distribution Supervisor ensures overall performance of the team to meet objectives for scorecard metrics – Cost, Safety, Sanitation, Service, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as well as knowing basic metrics of a large warehouse operation & functions.
Specific Job Duties:
1. Work toward meeting daily, weekly, and monthly goals for picking, packing, and shipping orders.
2. Support the growth of the High Performance Work System employee development by facilitating teamwork among distribution associates and encouraging continuous improvement.
3. Investigate and communicate Root Cause Failure Analysis, including recommending and implementing systems and resolutions. This includes, but is not limited to analysis of human error, software failure and other equipment failure.
4. Ensure that all activities follow documented operating procedures and recommend updates to existing procedures as required.
5. Monitor the movement of products to ensure all internal and external customer needs are met.
6. Conduct staff meetings as required and ensure that Distribution metrics and updates are provided to the team.
7. Ensure all job-specific training and cross training opportunities for team and individuals are documented.
8. Participate in cross-functional problem solving.
9. Ensure that all Safety, GMP and SOP rules are followed.
10. All other tasks as assigned by Threshold management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
1. High School Diploma
2. Minimum of 2 years experience in supervisory or leadership capacity in Warehouse/Distribution atmosphere.
3. Proficient PC experience – MS Excel, Word, Access
4. Previous experience in a warehouse environment that requires excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
5. Experience coordinating and facilitating team and cross-functional meetings
6. Experience gathering performance data and driving process improvement/change activities.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills and/or Training Desired:
1. Ability to motivate and direct staff in a professional, positive and productive manner.
2. Ability to follow directions accurately, correctly and independently.
3. Bilingual in Spanish and English desired.
To Apply For This Position
Send your resume to:
Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
Attention Human Resources
23 Janis Way
Scotts Valley CA 95066
fax (831) 461-1288
Applications are available in building 23 Janis Way in Scotts Valley.
Threshold Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 600 employees.
Threshold Enterprises - 21 months ago