Apply online at www.harlandclarke.com, requisition #1300452.
Harland Clarke is currently recruiting for a Distribution Technician. This position is located in New Braunfels, TX, 20 minutes from NE San Antonio, Seguin, and San Marcos. Harland Clarke offers Distribution Technicians all of the following benefits:
- Staring hourly wage of $9.33 per hour
- Pay increase opportunity after 90 days.
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance, eligible after 30 days.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Personal Time Off.
- 401(k) Savings + Company Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
Schedule: 5:30AM - 1:30PM, Monday - Friday
No relocation expenses for this position.
Sorts incoming mail for seven areas of distribution and dispatches outgoing mail. Scans and weighs all UPS and Fed-Ex mail. Weighs and applies appropriate dollar amounts on each regular mail package and dispatches into correct outgoing bins.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Scans all packages for mailing labels.
- Sorts all UPS, Fed-Ex, bulk and priority mail.
- Runs end-of-day reports.
- Downloads information on computers daily.
- Maintains equipment with necessary supplies.
- Examines outgoing mail for appearance and seals envelopes by hand or machine when necessary.
- Works with other departments to ensure quality and efficiency of mailouts.
- Stamps outgoing mail by hand, with postage meter, Fed-Ex or UPS machine.
- Notifies Quality Assurance department of any packages that do not scan properly with complete address.
- Sorts mail according to destination and type, and places in appropriate mail bin.
- Weighs mail to determine that postage is correct. Keeps record of registered mail and International packages.
- Collects mail from other departments as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
Education & Knowledge Required
High School Diploma or GED
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
Ability to effectively perform each essential duty listed above
Ability to read, comprehend and compose instructions, short correspondence and memos
Must be organized
Some computer skills beneficial
Be able to work overtime
The position requires that every package be addressed, metered, and sorted accurately.
The incumbent determines of packages are correctly labeled for shipment. Also, recommendations are given concerning process improvements for the position duties.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
All employees are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. to include its subsidiary and affiliated companies (Harland Clarke, Scantron, Checks in the Mail, SubscriberMail) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or disability (physical or mental), Vietnam-era or disabled veteran status, and other factors protected by state and local laws.
Harland Clarke conducts background checks and drug screens.