Distribution and Trade Senior Manager-LATAM
Alexion is a biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients with severe and rare disorders through the innovation, development and commercialization of life-transforming therapeutic products. Alexion is the global leader in complement inhibition and has developed and markets a treatment for patients with PNH and aHUS, two debilitating, ultra-rare and life-threatening disorders caused by chronic uncontrolled complement activation. Alexion is evaluating other potential indications for its marketed drug and is developing additional highly innovative biotechnology product candidates across multiple therapeutic areas.
The Distribution & Trade Chanel Manager ensures a best- in- class customer service for delivery of finished products from the warehouse to the order completion after quality release at the customer site.
He /she meets or exceeds required targets for On Time Delivery, Distribution Cost per Vial and maximum Deviation quotas in serving customers in Latin America and in ensuring their satisfaction with the service provided.
- Improving on current distribution model and streamlining internal and external vendors to handle current and additional work-loads
- Improving on distribution costs
- Assisting in finding new vendors within in LATAM, contract negotiations and/or implementation of new vendors
- Assisting the Distribution Specialists for trouble-shooting and for assisting in day to day operations
- Assisting in staff supervision i.e. establishing schedules for the Distribution Service coverage
- Working closely with all offices throughout the LATAM region and ensuring that their needs are met, e.g. providing delivery solutions Monitoring day to day performance of 3rd party warehouse(s) in multiple locations within LATAM
- Trouble-shooting problems in regards to distribution, warehouses and/or carriers and ensuring that internal customers are kept abreast of situations
- Ensures proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments. Ensures documentation is accurately processed and released to carriers, forwarders, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Oversees and completes accurate billing to customers.
- Supervises, motivates and develops the Distribution Specialists, and provides training to the team.
- Reporting on the productivity and adherence to Key Performance Indices (KPI’s)
- Liaises with other support groups to ensure processes are established and followed.
- Ensures that orders are delivered as per contractual agreement or time-definite agreements, and if not takes action to ensure delivery as close to contracted-agreed time as possible.
- Analyzes service failures/issues and implements performance improvement processes to enhance future service delivery.
Other Skills (Technical & soft skills)
- Experience in a customer service and a distribution / supply chain environment
- Previous experience of international export markets an advantage
- Familiarity with ERP systems (SAP) a plus
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent administration and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural matrix environment
- Fluency in English both spoken and written. Portuguese is a plus
- APICS CSCP Preferred
- IATA Certification Perishable Cargo
- International Courier/Freight/Integrator
- Strong communication skills with an in-depth understanding of pharma/biotech sales & sales process
- Proven experience in project management leadership
- Proven ability to adapt complex content into customized workshops for diverse audiences
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to handle/integrate multiple channels of feedback
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Portuguese a plus
- University background or relevant combination of training, experience & knowledge
- Bachelors. MBA preferred
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer
Alexion - 30+ days ago
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Alexion) is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development and delivery of biologic...