Are you results focused? Do you want to have an experience running a multi-million dollar business while being a part of $55+ billion Global Organization? Are you comfortable with stretching targets and always learning new ideas, concepts, strategies? Do you thrive to be on the WINNING team? If yes, then this would be a perfect opportunity for YOU.
The Distributor Development Manager (DDM)is responsible for growing profitable sales in a defined territory, including assigned foodservice distributors, on all Unilever products (Hellmann’s, Lipton, Knorr, etc.)by active account planning and execution, large strategic operator/regional chain development, trade funds investments, innovation progress and completion of all administrative support elements. The footprint of the position is mainly state of Kentucky and potentially reaches into most of the neighboring states.
- Deliver growth targets set for the territory. Accomplish this by development and execution of respective Distributor, Regional Chain and Key Operator account business plans as they relate to our current volume goals, strategies, focus categories and budgetary constraints.
- Within your accounts, responsibility to build relationships with all levels of decision making – up to CEO and President
- Active Market Presence – Minimum of 3 days per week of Field Operator calls and presentations, 1-2 days per week of distributor activities/events
- Own forecasting of cases/sales - Develop deep understanding of the territory with full handle on gains and losses.
- Organize and present detailed business reviews and forward planning with all key foodservice trade accounts. Implement Joint Business Plans with distributor customers along with preparing and regularly updating Siebel (CRM system) account plans/opportunities/activities for Operator customers
- Manage Local Marketing Allowance (Marketing Programs) distributor contracts and agreed counterparts to include associated marketing activities and management of required slots
- Understand external market factors and building strong DSM/DSR customer relationships by leveraging information, define opportunities through available tools and technology to drive win-win solutions
- Coordinate and leverage resource request process for assistance in customer marketing presentations, chef demonstrations, food shows, magazine articles, etc.
- Present and execute new products to develop new slots and to create pull within regional SIO's/chains
- Execute company promotional activities with distributor and operator customers
- Drive service brands (Your Guest, Your Menu, Your Kitchen) and selling stories with Distributors and Operators through swift execution and providing sustainable value added solutions for long term commitments.
- Develop and manage strong working knowledge of complex computer applications required to facilitate daily business operations including but not limited to MS Office, CPRO, Siebel.
- Manage CPro (Third Party Payment Program) contracts
- Manage personal sales expenses within budget
- Ownership is Key – Manage as it is your own business!
- Channel Marketing
- Training/CD Capability
- Sales Operations Support
- Supply Chain
- Customer Service
- Region & Chain Account Sales
Experience - At least three years in sales experience
A year in foodservice or foods experience is highly desirable.
Education - Bachelor's degree is required at a minimum.
A successful candidate will have the following: Self confidence, persistence, interpersonal sensitivity and passion for driving results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- General proficiency and drive to become expert with our systems such as ContractPro, Siebel CRM and others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in presentations and negotiations.
This is a home-based position. Approximately 50-60% travel is required. No relocation benefits. Only candidates eligible to work in the US may be considered.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora,...