- Requisition #: 024641209
- Job Category: Finance and Accounting
- Operation: F&A
- Job Group: Specialist
- Job Grade: 10D
- Job Code: 1669
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: CHICAGO, IL 60607 - Chicago (Downtown)
The Financial Analyst is responsible for one or more of the following areas: revenue management, cost planning, and payroll processing. He/she assists the district management team with financial issues pertaining to reporting, monitoring costs, reviewing production, payroll, etc. The Financial Analyst researches and interprets financial data to provide information to management.
A major focus of this position is performing and completing business planning reviews. To do this, the Financial Analyst creates and maintains customer profitability reports to ensure proper charges are administered, generates reports on customer forecasted versus actual revenue, and enters and reviews data in the managerial costing application to ensure proper customer revenue plans are generated. He/she also audits areas of concern (e.g., unusual cost, high workers’ compensation claims, etc.) to ensure proper reporting, and conducts trending headcounts to determine projected benefits costs. Cost planning duties include reviewing capital expenditure proposals and alternatives, reconciling production reports (volume, hours) to general ledger accounts, and ensuring proper accounts are charged when allocating costs. This position is also responsible for conducting monthly closeout reporting. This includes identifying journal expenses, creating and formatting departmental cost statements for appropriate division management personnel, and reporting on profitability and revenue management to identify actual versus planned projections.
- Research cost overruns to identify causes and establish corrective plans
- Prepare monthly costs data summary to be used by the District Controller
- Prepare reports on items to be included in budget projections
- Generate reports to track discretionary spending, to support Revenue Management meetings, and to provide staffing/management headcount analysis
- Research requested expenses and project trends for staff, division, business, and center managers to ensure operation within budget guidelines
- Assist operations in payroll administration processing
- Generate payroll history request reports to provide data for workers’ compensation and disability claims
- Review overtime trends and production targets
- Train employees on payroll systems
- Applies general accounting theory, principles, and practices as determined by regulatory authorities
- Applies financial expertise by analyzing and evaluating financial data, patterns and trends to determine the financial impact of a decision on the customer and the company
- Solicits information using information gathering techniques such as asking open and closed-ended questions, probing for details, and interviewing others to obtain additional information
- Synthesizes, combines and integrates information and data to form conclusions and make sound decisions and recommendations
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be currently in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance is preferred
- Previous experience working with project planning software is preferred.
- Experience building formulas and managing data using Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Experience importing data and writing queries in Microsoft Access is preferred.
UPS - 19 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...