The District Manager's responsibility is the development and management of Sales Representatives with the goal of maximizing product volume and achieving sales goals. This role is responsible for leading, coaching, developing and managing activities of Sales Representatives within a specific geographical assignment. The District Manager is responsible for providing effective coaching in assertive selling skills and territory management in order to assist representatives in gaining access to key decision makers and influencing prescribing behavior to impact sales results across the Takeda portfolio of products.
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Execute business strategies across the product portfolio to achieve sales results.
- Leverage knowledge of industry and local market challenges and opportunities within geography. Consistently conduct business analysis, develop and maintain a current district business plan in order to execute business strategies to achieve sales results.
- Conduct effective field rides with sales representatives in order to provide coaching on assertive selling skills, territory management, pre and post-call planning, total office call, clinical role plays, analyzing business trends, identifying business opportunities, resource utilization, routing, targeting and best practices.
- Execute a coaching continuum plan for every field ride session concluding with a written Field Coaching Log which accurately and clearly communicates competency strengths and areas of development, business goals, and action items.
- Implement sales and marketing programs to support Takeda’s plans for growth in the assigned district.
- Recruit, screen, and hire top talent for the assigned district. Create an environment of learning and growth for long term success, development and retention of talent.
- Foster ownership and accountability to achieve or exceed individual and company goals. Take a portfolio and overall footprint mindset to maximize district effectiveness.
- Establish open and honest communication with subordinates, peers, manager and senior leadership.
- Provide consistent and accurate expectations and feedback to representatives as part of an ongoing performance management process through timely assessment of performance using measurable outcomes.
- Proactively identify problems/opportunities and solutions for addressing performance issues in order to maximize representatives’ full potential.
- Provide market place information on product portfolios to Sales Directors and Brand Teams.
- Work with Regional Accounts Managers to stay up to date on managed market issues in district, implement initiatives to maximize sales, and execute pull through initiatives.
- Serve as liaison with other functions, as well as other sales and marketing personnel.
- Perform Company business in accordance with all regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree
- 3 years of pharmaceutical sales/marketing experience, or 3 years in health-care related field including nursing or pharmacy.
- 3+ years of previous management or account management experience.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects
We are driven to improve people's lives.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites - overnight travel requirements vary by geography. Some international travel may be required.
- Ability to attend sales meetings at off-site locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.