Who are we looking for?
Our District Managers In Training are ambitious, fun, energetic, stylish, hard working and want unlimited growth opportunities. You should have a passion for retailing and have experience in a high volume store environment. We are looking for strong candidates with a proven track record of success. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, organized, and able to work both autonomously and in a team leadership role.
- Actively learn the District Manager role
- Assist the District Manager with projects as requested
- Create a positive work environment in your home store that results in high retention and lower turnover.
- Work with Store Managers to ensure consistent communications concerning the training and development of each store’s team members.
- Actively coach and counsel store managers with training and selling techniques to reach their fullest potential, maximize business performance, and gain promotion to the next level.
- Ensure that all company policies, procedures, and programs are thoroughly understood and implemented by Store Managers.
- Develop a steady base of potential Co-Managers, Store Managers, and part-time associates for future store openings and company objectives.
- Manage and supervise store management team.
- Recommend the promotion or termination of management personnel.
- Maintain excellent communication with your District Manager via conference calls, in person meetings, voicemail, etc.
- Perform detailed store audits.
- Travel and provide store visits.
- Maintain sales increases in your home store and ensure other stores perform at the same level of consistency.
· Prior experience in managing multiple units in retail is a plus.
· Strong communication skills and conflict resolution skills
· Proven leadership skills in training, coaching, and developing a team.
· Capability to maximize business and achieve sales goals.
Journeys - 14 months ago
Genesco's sole concern is nicely capped off, to boot (so to speak). It sells casual and dress footwear, headwear, and sports...