Has full responsibility for all operational activities and all District level administrative processes within an assigned territory (district). Has P&L responsibility for the district. Is responsible for increasing revenue within existing accounts and identifying and cultivating new accounts. Develops strong client relationships and delivers high quality service to meet both profitability and contractual requirements. Oversees all subcontractor vendors with the assigned territory. Performs the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Coordinate sales and service activities in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by ABM.
· Assure the district’s adherence to corporate policies and procedures and compliance with all government regulations.
· Retain customers at or above the current ABM retention rate standard of 97%. Schedule customer visitations, meetings and/or inspections to assure customer satisfaction levels are being met or exceeded.
· Establish and maintain accurate labor standards for all jobs.
· Manage Accounts Receivables by personally working with accounts to insure timely payment.
· Maintain continuing program of personnel training and evaluation. Adhere to Safety and Workers Compensation policies and procedures.
· Direct oversight responsibility for all subcontractor vendors within the assigned territory. This includes but is not limited to; quality assurance, billing, all employee compliance matters, subcontractor A/P, risk management, and insurance.
· Communicate regularly with Project Managers to insure exceptional customer service.
· Review and inspect current account sites to insure compliance with expected standards of service and quality.
· Ensure customers are escalated when the contract specifies; providing the information to the Contract Administrator.
· Review service costs and quality and modify service and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of district.
· Analyze reports and statements to interpret trends and problems within the District. Develop and implement Action Plans to correct problem areas.
· Ensure accurate forecasting of the District’s numbers for all future periods.
· Review operations of competing organizations and plans and directs sales program to develop new markets.
· Confer with new account prospects to develop new business opportunities.
· Direct the preparation of all financial/accounting records and reports.
· Participate in the bid / rebid process.
· Ensure that all tasks are completed timely.
Manages subordinate operations and administrative staffs in the District and provides leadership to all employees. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree in Business; plus three years related service industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the service industry. Three year’s experience managing exempt managers required. Thorough proficiency working with common business software, such as Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bi-Lingual preferred(Spanish speaking)
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and advanced business mathematics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk and drive an automobile. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be committed to high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of ABM’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potentials safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
Maintains regular and acceptable attendance at such a level as determined by ABM Mid-Atlantic. Must be available and willing to work on a fulltime schedule and must be available and willing to work overtime (including daily, weekend and holidays) as needed and determined by ABM Mid-Atlantic as necessary to meet the business needs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but at customer sites can be moderate. Because of the nature of the work, this job must be performed at company and client sites. Job requires 40% travel.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM Industries, Inc. - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard