The District Manager must establish and maintain excellent customer service with every existing and potential customer. Work involves but is not limited to: overseeing and supervising the operation of a group of assigned centers, ensuring maximized sales and profitability, inventory and expense control, meeting monthly and yearly Contribution To Plan (CTP) goals, and developing employees for future growth. This job reports directly to a Regional Vice President.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Trains staff in check-cashing risk analysis for assigned stores and occasionally for the region.
2. Schedules and monitors work hours for managers and associates to allow adequate coverage.
3. Performs center audits monthly according to company procedures to include: cash levels, post-dated check procedures, customer loans, and inventory; and ensures returns and cash shortages are within established limits.
4. Trains and assists center staff in marketing all ACE financial services through cross-selling and solicitation.
5. Reviews, interprets and acts upon reports including but not limited to: Trend Report, Combined Statements, and CTP.
6. Verifies new customer card procedures and other services.
7. Assists Center Managers in setting and achieving goals (e.g. plan CTP, etc.).
8. Ensures a clean and safe work environment for all centers at all times (parking lot, lobby and booth). Examines and inspects the conditions of internal and external signage.
9. Enforces center security and safety procedures and reports discrepancies to the Regional Vice President (RVP).
10. Ensures timely opening and closing of stores per business hours.
11. Assists employees in setting goals; follows up to ensures goals are met.
12. Conducts training classes to develop employees and facilitate new product rollout; oversees on-the-job training.
13. Achieves budget projections and improves profitability of assigned centers.
14. Monitors and counsels employees regarding performance; ensures that performance appraisals and knowledge tests are administered accurately and in accordance with guidelines.
15. Participates in the 2-step interview process with the HRM by performing the first interview for Center Managers and CMITs, and the first or second interview for Service Associates.
16. Partners with the HRM to manage employee issues such as progressive discipline, leaves of absences, training, etc.).
17. Must comply with all AML-SCI procedures
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Requirements
Education and/or Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent training; bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of three years hands-on multi-unit supervisory and profit and loss responsibility in a retail environment, preferred.
Knowledge of basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all unit measures using whole numbers, percentages, common fractions and decimals. Ability to exchange US currency in any denomination.
Effectively communicates to center staff, regional and/or corporate offices with areas of concern/improvement and point out high performance.
The District Manager is required to stand, walk, stoop, crouch, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, reach with arms and hands, and to have appropriate vision to see up close, and at a distance with ability to adjust vision and focus. Must be able to talk and hear. The District Manager may occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to work a minimum of five days per week being on call at all times as needed. Ability to travel from center to center by car; some overnight travel may be required.
ACE Cash Express really has a bankless job. The company owns a chain of financial services outlets that target the underbanked and bankless...