**This position supports the Mid-Atlantic Region, which includes: VA, WDC, MD, DE and some parts of PA, IN and OH **
Responsibilities include managing sales and operations for assigned district of locations, controlling expenses and payroll budgets, handling human resource issues, accounting, merchandising, and loss prevention for district. District Manager ensures that proper channels of communication exist between the district’s stores and various business partners. District Manager maintains a highly visible presence in the district and assists in resolving issues in a timely and optimally productive manner. The District Manager must use sound judgement on a regular basis to determine the best possible outcome in, sometimes, very ambiguous situations .
- Provide direction to retail store management to ensure budgets, financial goals and expense targets are met.
- Manage and maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting and forecasting by store in area. Review operational reports and records to ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures, monitor store profitability, and manage payroll budgets.
- Assist with new store openings and/or store closures as needed.
- Maintain our brand image through store appearance and strong execution of merchandising and marketing initiatives.
- Help solve problems that affect the stores service, efficiency, and productivity. Assist in the recruitment and hiring of the most qualified managers to meet the district's needs
- Assist in implementing and managing the inventory procurement systems for all products within the stores. Conduct orientation, train and coach the management staff in execution of daily tasks and to maximize sales.
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred. Combination of experience and education may substitute for degree.
- Three to five years retail experience as a District Manager or other multi unit management experience in the retail industry with proven results.
- Complex and/or high volume single unit management may substitute for multi-unit management. New store opening experience highly desired. Knowledge and experience of: Strong sales orientation and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, teambuilding and interpersonal skillsProfit and Loss statement management
- Labor model forecasting and adjusting. Retail product merchandising management.
Columbia Sportswear is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Columbia Sportswear - 19 months ago
Gertrude Boyle is called chairman and, occasionally, one tough mother. The octogenarian and face of Columbia Sportswear's "tough...