1. Extensive route sales, sales, delivery, driving, merchandising or convenience store experience required.
2. High school diploma/G.E.D. required. College experience is a plus.
3. Prefer previous supervisory experience in the transportation or retail trade, specifically in the route sales or convenience store industry.
4. Must have a valid driver’s license in the state you reside in, be at least 21 years of age to operate company route truck and have an acceptable motor vehicle record.
5. Must have good computer skills to operate a hand held computer and laptop computer, including Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
6. Must be able to start early in the mornings and work a minimum of 50 hours per week, up to 60 hours per week if necessary.
7. Company-reimbursed overnight travel required approximately 50-75% of the time.
E.A. Sween Company is a family-owned company that has been in business since 1955. We are based in Minneapolis, Minnesota where we make and distribute Deli Express sandwiches. Our Route Sales employees provide direct store delivery service of Deli Express products to convenience stores, small grocery stores and military bases on routes throughout the country. We are looking to add a District Manager in Dallas/Ft. Worth who is eager to develop a career with E.A. Sween/Deli Express and provide route coverage and supervision to our route sales employees.
• Ensure routes are running efficiently by covering vacations/open routes in company truck and riding along with new hires and merchandisers to ensure proper delivery of Deli Express food and products 50-75% of the time. Significant travel is required weekly.
• Interview, hire, train, coach and supervise 4 Route Sales Reps and cover routes in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Weatherford, Brownwood, Sherman and surrounding cities. Overnight/weekly travel required to cover routes in other areas as well.
• Make stops and update equipment or point of sale materials in current customers and help set new business in potential future customers.
• Represent the company professionally while interacting with store customers and employees.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications
Company vehicle, fuel and operating expenses provided for business and personal use
Laptop, iPhone and internet service provided for business and personal use
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts
401K Retirement Plan with Company Match of 50 cents on the dollar up to 8%
Vacation/Paid Time Off
Deli Express - 30+ days ago