Joining a vibrant, respected, and growing company is one of the smartest career choices you can make today.
Founded in 1971, Forsythe is as an information technology infrastructure integrator. Forsythe helps complex organizations across all industries, including Fortune 1000 companies, optimize the cost and manage the risk of their IT while improving performance. Forsythe provides independent technology and business consulting services, technology leasing services, and value-added reseller services for all the leading technology product manufacturers. Headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, Forsythe employs over 800 people throughout the United States and Canada. Forsythe is privately held and 100-percent employee-owned. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive benefits, and wide-ranging opportunities for professional growth. Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
At Forsythe, we are 100% employee owned via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Everyone has a stake in the quality of our work, the success of our business, the satisfaction of our customers, and the appreciation of their shares in Forsythe. As an employee-owner, you'll be proud to call Forsythe YOUR company.
We are currently looking for a District Manager to join our Sales department in MN Area.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for leading the management of a sales district to ensure successful sales of technology solutions to business or industrial establishments. The successful District Manager will:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze market, market segments, territories, products and services, competition, accounts & trends
- Set objectives to meet or beat established goals and targets
- Working with Account Managers, assure a strategy is in place for each account managerâ€™s territory and assist with specific strategies in each account for success
- Ensure accurate records are kept and communicated to management
- Analyze information periodically and set new objectives based on analysis.
- Hire and develop new sales personnel to be professional and financially successful at Forsythe
Sales Management (25%)
Strategic Selling Activities (25%)
- District business planning including growth planning, client targeting and solution targeting
- District wide coverage strategy including:
- District sales coverage requirements and account manager territory alignment
- Product specialist requirements and alignment
- Solution selling requirements
- Partner alignment
- Quota planning/target setting
- Financial Planning, budgeting, forecasting
Developing People (25%)
- Supporting the development of account plans for key clients and key targeted accounts
- Supporting the development of executive level relationships by making sales calls with Account Managers
- Providing solution strategy support and deal structuring support to Account Managers
- Developing relationships with business partners to generate leads and support in District Accounts.
- Understanding competitive positioning and developing Forsythe responses
- Recruiting, hiring and training new Account Managers
- Coaching and developing existing team
- Establishing standards of performance of the ?A Package?
- Planning and holding sales meetings
- Communicating corporate information to salespeople
- Advising salespeople on personnel problems
- Reviewing compensation plans
Opportunity Management (15%)
- Summarizing sales & customer data for management
- Forecasting future sales
- Assuring adequate opportunities through effective pipeline management
- Assuring pricing process execution
- Supporting proposal development
- Maintaining personnel and territory records
- Analyzing selling expense data
- Controlling costs of districts
- Budget management
- Advising on the need for additional expenditures for their districts
This position supervises a staff of 8 - 12 Account Managers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum 7-10 years sales experience and 2 years sales management required. 3 - 6 years management experience preferred, preferably in technology solution sales and leasing. Assertive, team-oriented leadership style and a bottom-line orientation coupled with strong relationship skills.
- Strong track record of sales accomplishments and results
- Demonstrated track record of successfully recruiting, hiring, training, managing and motivating people
- Four-year degree required
- MBA preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Forsythe - 18 months ago