The District Team Leader oversees all aspects of operations and merchandising for a geographic group of stores in their area. The District Team Leader is responsible and accountable for driving district-wide business results through the effective coaching of the store leadership teams. Areas of focus include sales and profit growth, expense control, promotional and merchandising execution, Team Leaders development and exceptional Guest experience.
- Builds a High Performance Team
- Drive for Results
- Planning and Organization
- Ensures that all company policies and procedures are consistently followed.
- Ensures district provides a consistent and exceptional Guest experience.
- Models the behaviors in establishing and maintaining relationships with Guests to increase sales growth and repeat business through credit card, email and designer program.
- Ensures store work schedules meet the needs of the business.
- Recruits, hires, coaches, and motivates a diversified team of Store Team Leaders and Store Team Members.
- Ensures the district is fully staffed and maintains quality bench strength.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and partnership with Vice President of Operations on important issues that affect performance.
- Shares best practices, successes and opportunities with the organization.
- Provides ongoing performance feedback and successfully resolves conflict.
- Leads and directs individuals and team to promote a fun, caring, safe and productive work environment.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve performance through regular business analysis, competitor visits, and soliciting feedback from Store Team Members and Guests.
- Oversees management of inventory processes and ensures each stores inventory is being managed efficiently while meeting the needs of the guests and driving sales.
- Ensures execution of all company programs and initiatives through effective planning, communication, execution and follow up.
- Conducts and documents store visits to ensure consistency and compliance with company expectation.
- Assesses the district’s business goals, customer base, traffic patterns and uses the information to strengthen a district’s business.
- Ability to lift and move 45 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb and lift to stock and retrieve merchandise from stockroom and sales floor on a regular basis.
- College preferred.
- 2-5 years multi unit experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Energetic, results oriented and competitive with a drive to succeed.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to work a minimum of 45 hours per week, based upon the business needs of the district.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
Kirkland's - 23 months ago
When you just deplore your bare wood floor and feel the need to improve your home's décor, Kirkland's hopes you'll explore...