Are you up to the challenge?
We, a thriving, vibrant, close to the bleeding edge property management company, are looking for an District Manger (Exempt position) to fill a leadership position in our Inland Empire (Murrieta, CA) Business Unit.
The search may not be easy as we are looking for a stellar candidate. The right candidate may not need to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but the candidate who can juggle will definitely have an edge in the competition. Now before you get out your unicycle and bowling pins, we mean juggle as in keeping lots of balls in the air and never dropping them!
And while the District Manger is juggling, he/she will be wearing many hats. Some of the duties of the District Manger include: leading an amazing team of people, developing strong relationships with our clients, keeping a close eye on financial performance, and rolling up your sleeves to support others to do the same. But wait, there’s more….the District Manager may manage a community association or two, will work with senior leadership to ensure that company objectives are met, and will provide stellar guidance and leadership to all those within their sphere of influence.
Wow, I’m tired just thinking about it! In fact, just getting up to speed will take some real dedication, and the job itself will rarely fit into just 40 hours a week. So right about now you may be thinking, ‘hmmm, that sounds intriguing, what’s in it for me?’ Well, the successful candidate will be embraced by an innovative, well-respected, property management company with offices throughout California (and more offices on the way), along with a company who is passionate about what we do, committed to continuous learning and finding, and keeping, the best talent.
So, the gauntlet has been dropped, are up to the challenge?
To be responsible for client retention, employee retention, and the advancement of Merit and Merit's clients' services in terms of its image, visibility, reputation, diversification, professionalism, and technology. To be a believer in and be an active supporter of Merit's philosophies and culture to staff, client, and community.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other requirements may be assigned.
• Supervises Community Management support staff and Community Managers. Others possibly assigned.
• Coordinates and monitors service of vendors to associations.
• Oversees processing of customer service requests and complaints.
• Monitors violations and reports same to Board of Directors.
• Schedules, attends, and coordinates all follow-up following periodic walk throughs and prepares a punchlist which is distributed to all attendees.
• Coordinates, schedules and attends Boards of Directors meetings as needed for each of their people they manage and the annual election process.
• Reviews monthly Board of Directors packet prepared by staff for content and structure.
• Reviews any mass mailings to the membership (budget information, newsletters, election information, etc.) produced by staff supervised.
• Any and all other assignments as deemed necessary by supervisor or management.
• Monitors compliance with Civil and Corporation Code requires for accounts managed by team.
• Payroll processing with 100% compliance with submission deadline.
• Execution of performance evaluations with 100% compliance with supervisor submission deadline. This includes the understanding of staff disciplinary and termination procedures.
• Negotiation of Management Agreement.
• Development of FOCUS strategy within team budget.
• Understanding of contract renewal and implementation in book of business supervised.
• Understand process flow of account termination whether it be voluntary or involuntary.
Account Management Responsibilities:
• Manages up to a minimum of 2 association accounts as determined by the BUL.
• Assignment can vary dependent on market or team needs in a leadership position.
• Reviews and authorizes payment of invoices.
• Organizes and maintains all association files in accordance with company procedures.
• Coordinates, schedules and attends Boards of Directors meetings accounts directly managed.
• Prepares and distributes monthly Board of Directors packet for accounts directly managed.
• Authors and coordinates with copy shop any mass mailings to the membership (budget information, newsletters, election information, etc.)
• Organizes and maintains all association keys in an orderly fashion with a corresponding log.
• Prepares bid specifications and coordinates obtaining of bids for services as necessary at each association.
• Prepares a draft budget based on an average of actuals for each association a minimum of one time per year as required by Civil Code 1365 and the Board of Directors.
• Interacts and follows up with all Board members and homeowners regarding common area issues on each association managed.
• Skilled use of Outlook, Jenark, Automated Board Packet, Automated AP, MeritConnect, and MeritCentral.
• Independent review of preliminary and final financial statements. Understand and recognize association cash flow, able to inform Board as to negative and or positive.
• Understanding of Delinquency Report and processes.
• Understanding of Association budget preparation and review and 1365 package.
• Understanding of our contract and the defense thereof.
• Coordinate set up of new account and pre-management as requested for accounts assigned to team supervised.
• Thorough understanding of annexation process.
• Understanding of election process from the basic to the delegate system.
• Understands the legislative process and can educate clients on new laws.
• Participation in Business Development activities including attendance at local trade shows, CAI events, opportunities with vendors that allow for networking and solicitation of new business.
• Supports sales efforts to gain new business including supporting and/or delivering sales presentations to potential clients.
• Support the Sales Goals for the region.
Directly supervises community managers and other community management support staff.
• Comprehension and attainment of all areas of skills for an account executive (financial, written, verbal, negotiations, thoroughness, procedural comprehension and compliance).
• Two or more years in property management.
• Demonstrated account retention.
• Demonstrated employee retention.
• Demonstrated strong supervisory skills.
• Demonstrated excellent client interaction and visibility.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CCAM through CACM required.
Valid Drivers License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 13 months ago