Looking for a position that you can sink your teeth into? Are you willing to start at the beginning and work your way up, even though you know you will need to put in long hours to get up to speed? Are you a true people-person, and not just saying that because you know that’s what we are looking for? Are you organized, but not a perfectionist?
If you are not scoffing at this moment and we have actually tweaked your interest, we may have a position for you. We, a successful, respected, fast growing and often imitated property management company have an opening for a Community Manager.
The Senior Community Manager (CM), an Exempt position, oversees the day-to-day operation of several homeowner associations, whether the association is a condominium, single-family homes, or even a high-rise building. The Sr. CM will work closely with the Board of Directors to ensure the association is running efficiently. If you enjoy keeping your mind sharp by learning about a variety of subjects (law, real estate, construction, landscape, budgeting, events, managing relationships), and have the capacity to work with all types of people (content, confused, and/or cranky) and can always maintain a high level of professionalism, contact us.
Who are we? We have been in the property management business since 1980, and yet we never stop learning and developing. While our Headquarters is in Aliso Viejo, we have offices located throughout California and continue to grow at a fast pace. Within our offices your co-workers are some of the finest, warmest, nicest people, which is just icing on the cake of your career. The Community Manager position is not for everyone, but for some it is an ideal career. Could it be yours?
Under general supervision, supervises and manages account transition and handles irregularities as required by schedule, Board of Directors and homeowners. This position may also include handling several different accounts during attrition, transition and/or account set up. Will also involve working with several different individuals throughout the company for the proper management of an account and any punchlist items and projects that may be needed on a case by case basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensure all civil codes and legal document requirements are met and association remains in compliance.
• Manage BOD and Community relations. Attend all client meetings.
• Create BOD agenda and packets (BP) in accordance with company procedures. Responsible for all BOD meeting follow-up, minutes, and correspondence. Create draft agenda for BP. Assemble BP. Take accurate notes at BOD meetings of all BOD actions and directions. Dictate minutes.
• Take client calls and determine appropriate action.
• Conduct all walkthroughs (Landscape, Violation, Architectural Review and Turnover, Work Order verification).
• Manage all deadlines and dictate update in Merit Connect Database
• Responsible for association fiscal management including financial statement review and comprehension.
• Develop and prepare appropriate annual draft budget for BOD approval, implement and manage to the budget monthly for each client.
• Manage association accounting needs including audit, tax payments, 1365 budget and delinquency monitoring.
• Manage association insurance coverage and needs ensuring adequate and consistent coverage.
• Manage and submit all charge-backs to association(s) monthly for assigned associations.
• Manage required litigation needs.
• Foster team building among all members including CM teammate, Associate CM, Core Assistants, accounting staff, copy shop, reception staff and marketing department.
• Manage vendor relations.
• Process violations.
• Manage all special projects.
• Author or provide correspondence, budget information, newsletters, and election information via dictation or computer.
• Review and approve all communications to and from association members.
• Manage payments and receipts for association. Authorize payment of invoices.
• Manage bid process, review bid spec proposals and comparison spreadsheets from associate & make board recommendations as appropriate.
• Educate association board members on changes to legislation that impact their HOA.
• Responsible for all aspects of the annual meeting/election process.
• Provide web content for subscribed clients.
• Responsible for all association files in accordance with company standardized hard copy and electronic system.
• Track and ensure requirements are met for processing Statement of Domestic Non-Profit.
• Utilize company support staff in accomplishing daily tasks in efficient, respectful manner.
• Attend and exhibit leadership at industry functions.
• Follows quality system procedures.
• Must have reliable transportation, driver’s license and be able to drive.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent customer service and relationship building background/skills.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills consisting of oral, written and listening skills.
• Collaborative decision-making, relationship building and problem solving skills.
• CCAM strongly desired or must be obtained in 1st year of employment.
• Ability to draft correspondence and respond to inquiries and client concerns effectively and independently.
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management abilities.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
• Must be able to attend and actively participate at night meetings as required.
• Occasionally weekend work may be required
• Must have minimum typing speed of 30 WPM.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four-year college degree preferred, or comparable business experience.
3+ years of prior HOA experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License and State mandated vehicle insurance.
CCAM preferred, will be required within one year of hire.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May require some driving, must have a valid drivers license.
Full time position. Normal schedule is Monday through Friday, dependent upon
company needs and workload. Attendance at evening meetings and occasional weekend association events required.
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 13 months ago