The primary purpose of this position is to direct store personnel to operate in an efficient manner, while adhering to company policies, procedures and programs that maximize potential sales, script growth, margin and profitability. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
1. Direct the PDM and LPM in the planning, development, and execution of district business plans and objectives to achieve sales, script growth, margin, and profitability.
2. Lead in providing excellent customer service.
3. Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback and scheduling any and all required training.
4. Demonstrate SMILE and RAPTAR behaviors to both internal and external customers and associates.
5. Responsible for the district retail budgets including sales, script growth, margin, labor and expenses and overall P&L results monthly to ensure operating income and EBITDA are achieved.
6. Execute Staffworks at all stores to ensure that labor is planned for customer service and completing operating activities while achieving labor budget.
7. Conduct frequent store visits and complete DM tour sheets when required, shrink management tools to ensure satisfactory shrink results, and maintain operating standards expected in all stores.
8. Drive training and development of Store Management and ensure the proper people are promoted and placed in positions for long term career development.
9. Develop district succession plans for all store management positions.
10. Ensure customer service programs are properly implemented and adhered to in order to guarantee a high level of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
11. Execute all corporate marketing, merchandise, and operating programs to drive sales, script growth and profits in all stores within the district.
12. Conduct management and store meetings to address ongoing operations and drive accountability with store management on profitability.
13. Liaison for store management, PDM’s, and LPM’s with corporate office for proper direction on company objectives and programs.
14. Conduct annual performance appraisals for Store Managers.
15. Provide performance input for Pharmacy Managers, Pharmacists, Assistant Store Management, and Shift Supervisors.
16. Direct the activities associated with remodels, resets, and script acquisitions.
17. Drive script growth and protect market share from competitive openings.
18. Maintain communication with professional, civic and governmental organizations.
19. Adhere to all FSLA laws, regulatory compliance and OSHA requirements.
This position directly supervises Store Managers and indirectly supervises Pharmacists, Pharmacy Managers, LPMs, and PDMs and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training,
directing, rewarding, and disciplining associates; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Business, plus a minimum of five (5) years' experience in retail operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience. In addition, it is helpful if the associate has a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Store Manager.
Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states and the...