Accountable for all phases of district operations. Manages and controls the operation of an assigned group of stores to ensure consistency with company standards and expectations. Executes with excellence the business plan and associated programs that will deliver desired sales and profit results with the highest standards of Customer Service. Responsible for recruiting, training and developing management teams.
- Serves as a main point of contact for Customer Service issues in the District. Responds quickly and effectively to all Customer inquires.
- Ensures that an excellent level of Customer Service is provided in all assigned locations including the District Office where applicable. Responsible for teaching all District Associates to provide a high level of Customer Service at all times.
- Ensures that District does not exceed the company limit on Customer complaints for rude behavior and/or long lines at the Front End.
- Responsible for District compliance to all STAR deliverables; Sizing, Customer Service, Sales, Contribution, Controllable Expense, Markdowns, Safety, Shortage and Associate Turnover.
- Responsible for conducting Star Visits to company standards. This includes the administration, tracking and follow-up for all Visits.
- Ensures all company standards are executed with excellence in all assigned locations.
- Responsible for the management of and continuous monitoring of actual expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
- Ensures a safe, accident-free environment for all Customers and Associates. Maintains compliance to all state, local and federal regulations.
- Demonstrates and trains to Loss Prevention awareness programs.
- Meets company shrink goals.
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops Management Associates.
- Actively manages succession planning with consistent attention to identifying, training and developing management candidates.
- Identifies, nominates and maintains District Training Stores as needed.
- Ensures compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Handles Employee Relations issues, ensuring partnership with HR and LP organizations. vMaintains adherence to company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and customers.
- Ensures proper merchandising presentation and organization by adhering to the Ross merchandising philosophy and procedures. Analyzes adjacencies and square footage in order to maximize dollars per square foot.
- Ensures store compliance to the monthly ISM standards.
- Assesses store layout and individual inventory levels to merchandise in the most effective manner for each location.
- Assesses and escalates any inventory level discrepancies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Customer Service
- Business Acumen
- Analysis and Judgment
- Credibility and Trust
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Masters preferred.
- 10 or more years of retail management or operations experience.
- Travel required.
Assistant Store Managers
Store Retail Associates
Administrative Assistant (selected locations only)
Ross Stores - 6 months ago
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes an...