The District Manager oversees the operations of a group of retail units in an assigned geographic area. Creates district implementation plans to support execution of regional and company initiatives and objectives. Motivates and develops the store management team within the district to deliver outstanding guest service in a �Fast, Clean and Friendly� environment while growing revenues and profits.
1. The manager must be a champion of positive change. The manager initiates, drives and sustains continuous process improvements -- keeping the Kangaroo brand, and our stores, famous among customers as "Fast, Friendly, and Clean�.
2. Reviews store environments and key business indicators within the district to identify opportunities for sales growth; develops action plans to address them with the store management team.
3. Maintains ownership for district financial and operating results. Uses available reports and information systems to analyze financial performance and identify trends, problems and growth opportunities within the district.
4. Accesses corporate and external resources to support and improve district wide operations and to implement regional and corporate initiatives in areas such as loss prevention, marketing and compliance.
5. Recruits, selects, hires and develops effective and engaged Store Managers. Identifies and encourages potential internal candidates for Store Manager, Assistant Manager or Hospitality Associate positions. Recognizes associates who achieve service milestones or who provide exceptional customer service.
6. Coaches and assists managers in achieving objectives for sales, cost control, employee selection and retention, guest service and satisfaction, speed of service and store cleanliness.
7. Assists Store Managers in resolving guest complaints as necessary. May also respond to guest compliments or comments. Solicits guest feedback on product selection and service received.
8. Provides management �backup� to store managers in dealing with unusual events or crises at the store level; provides guidance so that they can handle the next difficulty on their own.
9. Uses approved tools to identify, prioritize and filter communications to stores.
10. Implements Company sales policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations (e.g., age restricted alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, lottery tickets, and fireworks,) and develops action plans to improve compliance if necessary.
11. Works with the local supplier community to ensure proper execution of company merchandising plans and address sales opportunities within the district.
12. Performs other job-related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and take corrective actions to support sales growth.
- Monitors competitor activity and local market conditions; maintains intelligently competitive pricing strategy. Provides input and recommendations to Division Vice President on vendors, local merchandising and pricing needs and store layout changes.
- Experience using Personal Computer and applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and listen, understand and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
- Physical Demands: Work requires frequent driving and driving at night, standing and walking and occasional bending, stooping, crouching, lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds.
Associate of Arts
- Associate�s Degree and 3 to 5 years of convenience store or retail industry experience or equivalent combination of formal education and job-based learning. Equivalency = High School and 5-7 years related experience. Bachelor�s Degree in Business or related discipline preferred.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid state motor vehicle operator�s license.
Working Conditions: Work includes regular travel throughout the assigned area and occasional trips outside the area and overnight stays. Work can include long hours; occasional week-ends, holidays, and trips outside the area.
The Pantry, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. It is the policy and practice of The Pantry, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other criteria deemed unlawful under any applicable laws and to provide reasonable accommodations as required by law.