The District Manager (DM) manages and leads the district management team. The DM directs the team in staffing, training, scheduling, sales and in the execution of inventory operations for multi-unit, multi-site field offices. The DM is expected to achieve net profit and service goals in support of overall Company objectives. The DM is responsible for all aspects of the day to day operation of the District/Market. The DM is expected to recruit and hire and train the district management team as well as staff, schedule, attend and supervise inventory events while delivering a high level of customer service. The District Manager is also responsible for independently pursuing business development opportunities.
· Manage the District team to optimize performance. Effectively prepare management team to meet all inventory staffing needs. Provide communication and coaching as required. Encourage innovative ideas.
· Meet or exceed Company financial expectations for the District (profitability).
· Recruit new employees following established recruitment and staffing policies as well as the Company screening and hiring procedures. Responsible for all hiring and other employment decisions at the District level.
· Provide for the Succession Plan of the District. This involves the development and mentoring of self sufficient teams as well as development of a suitable replacement for each AM in the District as well as his/her own replacement.
· Develop the skills and abilities of the District Management team. Establish expectations, set standards and provide timely effective feedback. Ensure that staff is capable of meeting or exceeding Company standards.
· Assess the Area Manager’s effectiveness by evaluating the staffing, development, training, motivation of employees. Ensure that the AM’s foster a positive environment of teamwork to increase productivity and avoid employee relations issues.
· Lead and encourage a “culture” of health and safety awareness and practices in the workplace in order provide a safe environment for our employees and to reduce worker’s compensation expenditures. Actively participate in accurate and timely incident reporting.
· Contribute to company-wide sales efforts of both new and existing accounts by identifying potential new customers, meeting customer needs, cultivating customer relationships and delivering a high level of service. Assist in the sales of regional accounts, occasionally acting as the lead in sales of small local accounts, assisting in determining customer inventory fees and working with account management to set up the inventory process for new accounts.
· Plan and schedule staff performance Appraisals in a timely matter and ensure employee certifications documentation, and files are current.
· Conduct fair and equitable employment practices in compliance with all Company policies as well as with Federal, State and local statues and regulations.
· Provide leadership and mentoring to the District management team and Inventory Associates.
· Lead the way by constantly modelling ethical business practices.
Education: A Bachelor’s (4 year) degree in business administration or related curriculum is preferred.
Experience: Normally requires three to five years previous related experience managing multi-site operations. This includes the selection and development of multiple managers as well as leading a large number of hourly employees in the retail, restaurant, or other service related industry. The successful candidate must have demonstrated proven results in customer service and relationship building, sales, profit planning and adherence to cost containment principles.
Knowledge of financial statements and previous profit and loss center responsibility is essential. Must be highly knowledgeable about the technical nature of the inventory service delivery system and have a thorough understanding of the inventory process
Previous experience as WIS or Industry Area/District Manager is preferred. Knowledge of applicable labor and fair employment laws as well as experience in successor development, team building is highly desired.
The ability to effectively use of Windows and the MS Office Professional Suite applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
· Ability to meet or exceed the targeted service levels and financial goals for inventories assigned to a District.
· Ability to ensure high quality and efficient execution of inventories within the District.
· Ability to execute and maintain high service levels and resolve service issues with customers.
· Ability to guide and teach Area Managers to plan, organize and orchestrate each inventory to ensure they are executed in a safe, smooth, cost effective, timely and profitable manner.
· Ability to select, hire, train, motivate and develop managers to ensure the successful performance of their principal duties and responsibilities; as well as for their future development. This includes the ability to appropriately apply discipline and corrective action necessary to increase productivity and hold the team accountable to appropriate behavior at all times.
· Ability to ensure all offices with in a assigned District are effective in staffing, developing, training and motivating employees, fostering teamwork and the creation of a positive environment to increase productivity and avoid employee relations issues.
· Ability to successfully develop and train managers on productivity improvement and on the use expense and control guidelines. May have to function as an Area Manager at any inventory event or office.
· Ability to contribute to company-wide sales efforts by meeting customer needs, building relationships and delivering high levels of customer service.
· Ability to identify potential new customers, develop rapport with customers to increase sales of regional accounts, assist in determining inventory fees and setting up the inventory process.
· Ability to ensure safety of all employees at all times whether in the office, travelling or while performing actual inventories.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
· Must have strong detail orientation and analytical skills
· Highly developed time management, planning and organizational skills
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. The District Manager must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently.
Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
· Required to walk and stand for prolonged periods
· Required to work in a variety of environments
· Required to drive for extended periods of time
· Required to work extremely busy periods with extended hours
· Required to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
· Required to learn concepts and procedures quickly and to apply those elements effectively
· Required to work extremely busy periods with extended hours
· Required to adapt and respond effectively to client and/or employee situations as they occur
The District Manager (DM) must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation in order to travel to various customer sites to lead and manage the Area offices and inventory process. Distance to work sites will vary and overnight travel is required. Travel by airplane, bus or train may be necessary. Inventories can occur at any time of the day or night seven days per week. There is no pre-established standard available based on a variety of factors some of which include availability, productivity, and accuracy.
Generally, work is performed indoors. Occasionally outdoor inventories are conducted for retailers such as home improvement centers, lumber companies, etc. The DM may occasionally be exposed to unusual odors , or excessive noise, or health hazards or temperature extremes; in which case, proper precautions will be taken to protect the employee. Depending on the office, there may be occasional to frequent day trip or overnight travel required. The DM is regularly required to work a varied schedule that includes working unusual hours of the day, split shifts, longer than normal workdays, weekends and early start and/or late finish times Inventories can occur at any time of the day or night seven days per week.
The DM is required to have Internet access and will be expected to spend time on line performing Company management functions.
WIS International maintains a Drug Free Workplace in compliance with the federally mandated Drug Free Workplace Act. Be advised that some WIS International positions require pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as a condition of employment.
WIS International maintains a smoke-free work environment. Smoking is not permitted in any Company facility or vehicle.
In seeking to provide a safe work environment for all staff, the WIS International maintains a violence-free work environment. Any type of violent behavior committed by or against staff members will not be tolerated. Employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and in accordance with the Code of Conduct. Intimidating, threatening or violent behavior against other WIS staff, vendors, clients, or property, whether committed by supervisors, non-supervisory staff, or non-employees, during work or off-duty hours, will not be tolerated.
The physical demands and work conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties/responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities .
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
WIS International, in recognition of its responsibilities to its staff and the community it serves, affirms its policy to assure fair and equal treatment in all its employment, recruitment and placement practices, for all persons. WIS International shall strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves.
The “Company” will not discriminate on the basis of race, color , sex, sexual orientation, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, age, ancestry, pregnancy, marital or veteran status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic as established by law.
This job description does not list all job duties. Occasionally a supervisor or manager might request that you perform other duties. Management’s evaluation of your performance is based upon the performance of the tasks listed in this job description and these other duties. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description also is not a contract for employment. WIS International is an “at will” employer. Therefore either you or WIS International may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason.
WIS International is growing, and needs your help! If you enjoy working in a new location every day and being part of a dynamic,...