The District Operations Manager selects, trains and assists the District Operations staff to achieve objectives by growing sales, reducing operating costs, improving billing margins and improving customer service within the assigned District.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Performs other duties as required
- Understand and support ISO standards and support WESCO procedures for document control, purchasing, process control, corrective and preventative action, control of quality records, training and statistical techniques.
- Work with the District Manager, Regional Director and District personnel to grow sales, reduce operating costs, improve billing margin and improve customer service within the assigned District.
- Implement and ensure consistent compliance with WESCO standard procedures, policies, internal audit controls, Sarbanes-Oxley controls and applicable quality system requirements.
- Work with the District purchasing group to process supplier returns of excess/obsolete inventory and inactive inventory write-offs.
- Process and dispose of inactive inventory in accordance with WESCO Instruction Manual Section 5-16 and as directed by the District Purchasing Manager.
- Process all branch stock, SO, DS and expense invoices for payment, ensuring that any special terms or cash discounts are taken.
Make the appropriate deductions from supplier invoices when warranted.
- Follow freight carriers for payment of carrier claims made by branches within the District.
- Ensure timely processing of all customer claims and deductions by the branches.
- Maintain customer costs and selling prices in branch systems using DPS and WESOM to ensure that proper margins are received and accurate supplier charge backs are made.
- Provide overall branch direction and support for facilities, administration, customer service, WESCO audit support/compliance and ISO compliance where applicable.
- Reconcile the 423, 428, and 507 accounts monthly in each branch.
- Address field accounting issues with the branches.
- Work with branches to reconcile the Tax Exception reports as needed.
- File and maintain Certificates of Liability Insurance for suppliers of services to the District branches such as cleaning services, delivery services, etc.
- Prepare / develop routine and confidential reports and documents using various PC programs.
- Pre-approve, log and control all non-exempt overtime within the District.
- Approve and forward all payroll exception reports for the District to accounting.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training/coaching of the District/Branch personnel.
- Develop and train employees in activities related to job function requirements, which include the WESCOM procedures, PC knowledge, quality systems, etc.
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
Ability to explain and in selected areas teach appropriate policies, procedures and associate practices
Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills
Managing one's own time and the time of others
Excellent communication and computer skills
Provide strong leadership to all personnel to meet and exceed performance objectives and ability to encourage professional development at all levels to ensure future growth and reduce turnover
Product knowledge and distribution background
Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience and department/site P&L
Operations Management including inventory control, process compliance, cost control at a multi location level preferred
Product knowledge and sales experience in a similar industry a plus
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
WESCO values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
- 2 years ago - save job
Since 1922, WESCO has grown from a division of Westinghouse Electric into a global leader of supply chain solutions. If there’s one...