District Sales Manager - Job Description |
Reports to the Regional Vice President of Security Services. Responsible for the development, accuracy and timely completion of proposals and presentations in support of ABM’s overall objectives. Secondary responsibilities include the development and coordination of division marketing content, including case studies, brochures, newsletters and various additional sales materials. This position is required to have excellent communication skills and be comfortable working effectively with a wide variety of people, including cross-functional teams, to ensure sales content is accurate and up-to-date. MS Word and PowerPoint expertise, excellent writing skills, and attention to process and detail are critical.
· Analyze, Produce and process all RFIs, RFQs and RFPs requests following the department’s process and direction of the Regional Vice President of Security Services.
· Responsible for final proposal review of printed/online documents for accurate content and compliance to authorize shipment/submittal to potential customer.
· Ensure proposal documents are properly formatted and meet/exceed expected company standards and RFP/RFI requirements; ensure production timelines are met, including identifying and communicating problems, issues or concerns that may inhibit a delay.
· Update existing and identify new records for the content database.
· Work cross-functionally to ensure the data is accurate and communication aligns with direction.
· Uncovers and reconciles discrepancies in data through routine quality checks.
· Write and maintain copy for use in various mediums (proposals, presentations, training manuals, internal/external communications, bios, case studies, direct mail, expert articles, manuals, sales collateral, and internal newsletters).
· Ensure content is consistent with standard company messaging and style guidelines, and effectively communicates services provided.
· Independently identify new and update existing content into database, reconciles discrepancies in data through routine quality checks.
· Looks for ways to further enhance all documentation through the written word to further enhance readability and interest (i.e. quotes).
· Conducts research with internal and external sources to assist with the development of projects and ensure content is accurately written.
· Expand deliverables to accommodate growth in requirements, by creating efficiencies in the responsibilities described above.
· Minimum of 3-5 years experience in marketing/communications. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism or equivalent combination of education and experience (Preferred).
· Previous RFP/RFQ experience.
· Must have exceptional written and verbal communications skills, as well as strong writing, editing, interviewing, research, fact-checking, proofreading, and problem solving skills.
· Well versed of Microsoft Word and Windows is required, including proficient use of Microsoft Word styles and templates as well as PowerPoint.
· Must have exceptional ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks.
· Build relationships with existing and new clients to maintain present sales and to facilitate add-on business and services.
· Represent Company BOMA, IFMA, IREM or similar trade organizations.
· Represent Company at local or regional conferences or at National meetings.
· Coordinate social events involving “meet and greet” clients for Company such as golf outings.
· Perform other duties and assignments as provided by Company Management.
· Ability to react to changing priorities and accountable.
· High degree of professionalism and a commitment to client service.
· Must work well under pressure and be able to meet deadlines.
· Excellent organizational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Develops quality work and has great attention to detail.
· Positive attitude works well with others and follows direction.
· Willingness to work long hours and do whatever-it-takes to get the job done.
· B2B experience in service industry and experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro is a plus!
· Prior experience with content database management application is highly desirable.
· Ability to handle questions and resolve issues in a constructive manner.
Detail oriented, and the ability to record, organizes, and communicate detail and
a willingness to learn new technologies. Uses resources effectively and efficiently
Best Benefits in the Industry - Medical, 401K, Stock Options and Vacations are all part of our Package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit us at www.abm.com/careers
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM Industries, Inc. - 18 months ago