Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- This position will be responsible for leading a district to achieve all assigned goals and maintain compliance with Celgene’s Policies that govern field sales activity. This position will require approximately 40% travel.
- Lead district sales force activities including: hiring, training, development, performance evaluation, and compliance to corporate policies.
- Responsible for delivering assigned sales targets and aligning field activities to the strategic initiatives of the brand.
- Partner with Sales Operations to affect the data input and analysis of physician and other customer profile information to ensure appropriate resources are deployed within the district.
- Responsible for setting clear expectations and evaluating compliance to Celgene’s Regulatory Standards and Promotional Policies for all members in his/her district.
- Ensure each employee is trained on and effectively implementing customer education to ensure Celgene’s Risk Map programs are successfully implemented.
- Ensure the district is aware of the specific roles and responsibilities and appropriately utilizes the Patient Support Coordinators, Advocacy Development Managers, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Celgene Customer Care Center, Drug Safety, and Medical Services.
- Responsible for allocating and managing district budget.
- Build and sustain relationships with district Key Opinion Leaders.
- Partner with National Account Manager, RAM, and PSS to develop appropriate business strategies that support the brand objectives.
- Establish and develop cross-functional partnerships and leverage resources across the district to influence customer behavior.
- Set clear expectations for utilization of approved promotional programs.
- Communicate competitive market intelligence to brand teams and management.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- BS in Business or Science; minimum of 5 years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry with a preference for prior sales management and tenure within another functional area to include national accounts, training, medical affairs, marketing and government affairs.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to manage a district’s vision and purpose that is consistent with corporate imperatives and revenue targets.
- Possess strong presentation, organization, administrative and communication skills.
- Project professional and polished impression.
- Model highest level of professional behavior and ethics and Celgene Values of Passion for the Patient, Courage to Face Challenges, Trust and Excellence in Execution.
- Familiar with trade relations, reimbursement environment, government programs, managed care, formulary and contract negotiation.
- Demonstrated understanding of oncology therapeutic area, products and marketplace.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
- 14 months ago - save job
Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.