As a District Security Manager at Caterpillar, you will have security accountabilities for all Caterpillar operations within their assigned district, assisting in implementation of security policies, standards, guidelines and programs within a geographic district across all product lines and locations within that geography. This is a position for a particular geographic district within a region containing: operations, administrative offices, issues concerning the travel of employees into the district and related security matters.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- In support of the Regional Security Director (RSD), responsibilities include directing all employees within the district in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining security processes across the operating units within the district to reduce security-related risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure to liability or regulatory compliance in order to reduce financial loss to the organization.
- Identifying significant security risks, designs and implements strategies and programs to prevent and reduce loss of the organization’s assets.
- Establishing appropriate standards and risk controls associated with intellectual property, key employee security, product counterfeiting and related issues at the facility level within their assigned geographic district.
- Developing collaborative relationships and providing expertise, technical guidance, and training to ensure security services are carried out effectively.
- Developing plans of action to mitigate security risks to Caterpillar assets, while still maintaining a high-level of operational and technical processes.
- Developing and growing relationships with emergency responders, which includes, but is not limited to, district law enforcement, fire specialists, and medical first care providers.
- Coordinating and managing preventative programs and services to protect against business disruptions in a cost effective manner.
- Assisting in the researches and deployment of technical solutions to safeguard corporate assets, most importantly, Caterpillar employees.
- Developing and managing the capital and expense budget for the security operations represented across the district.
- Briefing the RSD on status of security issues affecting operations within the district, providing leadership direction to the management, and integrating into the business units operating within the district.
- This position requires a moderate amount of travel; up to 20% of work time.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position and more than 10 years experience with a major law enforcement, intelligence, public service, or private sector security organization.
- In addition, the candidate must demonstrate experience and exposure in the international security arena.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
- Certification as Certified Protection Professional and/or Certified Fraud Examiner preferred.
- 6 Sigma Black Belt experience preferred.
Caterpillar's workforce is as diverse as the customers we serve.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dec 17, 2012, 12:59:59 AM
United States-Illinois-Peoria-PEORIA23-One Technology Plaza Peoria-US
Caterpillar - 20 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...