PRIMARY PURPOSE: Manage resources, warehousing, finished goods inventory and logistics processes required to support the order fulfilment process for the Americas region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with Director of Global provisioning to define a supply chain strategy capable of supporting regional and global business needs.
2. Works with local sales management on an ongoing basis to understand and document an agreed demand forecast at an aggregated product mix level.
3. Through the analysis of the above forecasts, develops schedules, prepares purchase orders and assembles appropriate inventories to support anticipated materials requirements. Manage the regional S&OP process for all buy and resale finished goods.
4. Investigates, evaluates and approves suppliers to deliver products and raw materials that met our specifications of quality, price, and availability. Communicates rating to suppliers and corrects or puts together a plan to correct any deficiencies. Works closely with suppliers to develop a strong working relationship.
5. Updates and maintains Purchase order and part status in SAP system.
Manages the MRP system including the selection of safety stock levels, MOQ’s and lead-time data.
6. Liaises with Bolingbrook warehouse operations to ensure service levels provided by the warehouse are commensurate with the needs of MPN and our customers.
7. Define and maintain a Customer service organization that understands supports and compliments the needs and strategies of the regional Sales team.
8. Manage the supply chain to ensure finished goods inventory levels support regional service needs within agreed targets for inventory days and S&E.
9. Supports Quality organisation to ensure high quality of products and services
10. Manages and evaluates activities and performance of directs providing appropriate advice, counsel and guidance.
11. Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• B.A in materials management / logistics. APICS or similar.
• Minimum 5 years in materials management function.
• Minimum 5 years in materials management position in global organization.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Leadership skills that demonstrate the ability to take charge, initiate actions, make sound decisions and direct others toward the accomplishment of goals.
• Strong organization skills that anticipate, plan, organize and monitor workload.
• Interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to build rapport with external contacts and give guidance and advice to direct reports.
• Decision-making skills that show the ability to access a problem, weigh alternatives and consider long-range as well as short-range implications.
• Strong ability to work with statistics and figures.
• Strong PC skills.
• Hand-on Knowledge of SAP.
• Ability to work with many worldwide cultures in a positive manner.
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
• Language skills in Polish, Hindi and or Mandarin would be an advantage
Lisle, IL 60532
Molex - 19 months ago
That socket you slide your SD or SIM card into? It might have come from Molex. The company is one of the world's largest makers of...