Diversity Initiatives Consultant (Job Number: 011546) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
The Diversity Initiatives Consultant administers and participates in the implementation of approved diversity and inclusion programs, and disability initiatives in partnership with HR, front-line managers and other internal and external resources.
- Performs as the key contact and internal subject matter expert on workplace diversity and inclusion programs, such as disability inclusion initiatives.
- Develops solutions and tools to bridge gaps and provide technical assistance to the multiple entities involved with the diversity programs. Coach key expert resources for alignment with operating objectives.
- Serves as primary point of contact to field managers and field HR to execute and administer diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives. Provides timely communication of program deadlines, cycle times, and updates to the field on an as needed basis.
- Creates reporting methods to track progress towards program goals, including progress made toward hiring, and engagement initiatives.
Represents diversity programs to internal and external interests as needed, and provides guidance and assistance as necessary.
- Collaborates with key partners in order to successfully implement diversity and inclusion initiatives, such as disability inclusion initiatives.
- Recommends improvements to system applications, policies and procedures as necessary in order to effectively administer programs and track progress.
- Identifies new opportunities to ensure the diversity programs meet and support operational needs. Recommends and implements innovative processes that assist in the attainment of departmental goals and objectives.
- Administers day to day activities around diversity programs and participates in the recommendation/implementation of innovative processes and ideas that accomplish diversity and inclusion goals.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Associate’s Degree at least 3 years of experience in Human Resources OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience providing subject matter expertise or performing internal consulting activities to management level partners
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives)
- Experience handling deadline driven results in a dynamic environment
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community, and with vendors/agencies
- Experience working with diversity and inclusion programs, or engaged with executing diversity management best practices
- Willing to travel at least 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Behavior or Business
- Experience with diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Experience with disability programs, vocational rehabilitation, or disabled veteran programs
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...