The Division Administrator reports to the Vice President, Investments and Treasurer, and, oversees administrative and financial management matters for the division. The administrator creates and implements plans, processes and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the division to support the success of strategic priorities. This includes serving as an advisor to unit heads on administrative matters, managing division budgets, human resources and facilities functions. S/he organizes, manages and completes special projects and provides executive support to the Vice President, Investments and Treasurer.The administrator oversees and directs administrative support functions to the division and is responsible for supervising all administrative support staff.
In addition, the Division Administrator will coordinate all Rice Management Company Board activities. The Division Administrator will manage department payables, consultant and vendor contracts and provide back-up for the capital call process and designated cash management functions.
May substitute additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the education requirement.
- Related experience in human resources, financial, and other administrative functions.
- Experience working in the financial services sector.
Education may not be substituted for experience.
Other Skills Required
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Broad knowledge of and practice in management of staff, accounting principles, and computer applications.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with emphasis on drafting a wide variety of business documents; strong emphasis on business sense, attention to detail, coordination, and accuracy is imperative.
- Possess maturity in judgment, creativity, and ability to get along with widely diverse personalities; able to work with minimal supervision;
- Capability to develop a thorough understanding of all activities of the division units, to understand the administrative requirements of management.
- Able to carefully analyze problem situations, make suggestions for workable solutions, and pursue implementation of resolutions;
- Able to maintain confidential records as well as details of personnel and budgeting issues is imperative.
- Strong PC skills; advanced knowledge of Windows, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Previous experience working with executives and/or other upper management.
- Previous experience working with executives and/or other upper management.
Other Skills Preferred
- Must be able to move about campus.
- Must be able to sit and work in front of a computer for extended periods (up to 8 hours per day).
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
May be required to work extended hours, on weekends and in the evenings, as needed to complete work assignments.
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications
Job Posting Category
Eligible for Overtime
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
Rice University - 9 months ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...