ITW Global Brands, a division of Illinois Tool Works, Inc., is a market leader in automotive consumer products selling to major retailers such as Wal*Mart®* and AutoZone. Our brands include: Rain-X®, Blue Coral®, Gum Out®, Slick 50® and Black Magic®. Main offices are located in Houston, Texas.
The duties and responsibilities are listed below:
- Provide strategic business partnership to the VP/GM and GM to support with operational efficiencies and margin improvements.
- Oversee daily operations and processes of the finance department.
- Maintain system of financial and internal controls including various reporting and operations tracking systems.
- Coordinate monthly close to ensure timely preparation and issuance of financial statements and analysis.
- Manage working capital with focus on improvements to inventory months on hand, days sales outstanding, and days payable outstanding.
- Prepare regular customer and new business financial analysis and reports to help management drive growth and profitability, working directly with sales, marketing and new product development.
- Monitor, track and help manage Sales Discounts, Allowance and Promotional spending with key retailers. Develop pre- and post-promotional analysis for significant programs with key retailers and new product launches to determine profitability and break-even for the Sales and Marketing groups.
- 8-10 years of progressive accounting experience.
- BA/ BS in Accounting/Finance; CPA a plus.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Advanced experience using various accounting systems.
- Experience with budgeting, model variance analysis, and forecasting.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment and solve practical business problems in a prompt manner and often under tight deadlines.
- Commercial acumen, including the ability to learn and decipher complex customer programs for purposes of economic modeling and deal preparation
- Excellent leadership skills are required in addition to having a proven record of successfully managing a small accounting team.
- Travel up to 20%.