Posting Closes: 3-25-2014
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for corrosion related activities on gas distribution systems to maintain compliance with DOT regulations.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Assist the corrosion group to gather and maintain the corrosion data for the gas distribution system
- Perform annual short surveys, pipe to soil reads, trouble shoot corrosion problems and assist with the installation of new cathodic protection units
- Provide guidance to crews to solve corrosion problems and keep corrosion data in compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines
- Interact with customers, contractors and field employees on a daily bases
- Support the engineering, construction and operations groups in the division and may travel to other areas to assist with corrosion work
- Majority of job time is spent outdoors
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, including walking for up to 8 hours per day on uneven ground, lifting up to 50 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally, working in inclement weather and traveling within defined operating areas
- Regular and consistent travel to other area locations within the Retail Operations will be required, approximately 50% of the time, or as needed
- Must be able to demonstrate a good safety record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Construction background, basic business computer knowledge, knowledge in basic electricity, and be mechanically inclined
- Working knowledge of the electric and gas utility trade is desirable
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrate a self-motivated attitude and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Possess above average organization and self-starting aptitude
- Required to be NACE level 1 certified within one year
- Valid Montana driver’s license or the ability to get one is required
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com . Internal applicants should apply online at I-Connect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Monster - 4 months ago