Cooper Power Systems, with 2011 revenues of approximately $1.5 billion, is a subsidiary of Eaton corp. plc. (NYSE: ETN), and a global manufacturer of world-class power delivery and reliability solutions for the utility, commercial, and industrial markets. Cooper Power Systems is a leading provider of innovative Smart Grid technologies that optimize electrical grid performance. These solutions include Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Demand Response (DR), Smart Sensors, Power Systems Engineering Software and Services, Substation Automation, and Feeder Automation. The company is also a leading provider of software, communications and integration solutions that enable customers to increase productivity, improve system reliability, and reduce costs. For more information, please visit www.cooperpower.com .
This position reports to the Division Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis and requires, gathering of data, preparation and analysis of reports, and recommendations to the Manager of FP&A. Primary responsibilities are to manage the annual budget and monthly and quarterly forecasting processes, and analyzing monthly and quarterly financial data for accuracy, completeness and reliability. Also participates in long range financial planning as required. Prepares and assists in the interpretation of monthly reporting for executive management. Prepares and/or assists with special projects/reporting and analysis as required. Works with Central office departmental managers to forecast and track ~$100 million in departmental spending budgets. The incumbent must possess the ability to effectively communicate and provide and present meaningful reports and metrics to senior management. The incumbent must also possess proven knowledge and application of advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
· Collect, consolidate and analyze financial and statistical data from business unit locations.
· Research and investigate unusual results.
· Verify accuracy of data received and follow-up on incomplete submissions.
· Partner with CPS Division and Business Unit Management with P&L reporting and analysis by region and product line.
· Ensure routine reporting of performance results is communicated to management in a timely fashion .
· Work with cost center owners to manage departmental spending for central functions.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 2 or more years in accounting and/or financial analysis experience is required.
· Finance/Accounting experience within a manufacturing organization is a plus.
· Forecasting/planning experience is a plus.
· Must possess well-developed analytical, decision-making, verbal & written communication and organizational skills.
· Requires a strong understanding of standard financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and working knowledge and application of accounting principles and practices.
· Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are required.
· Must possess the ability to communicate/present to senior level managers.
· Experience with SAP, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), and Business Warehouse is a plus.
· Key professional attributes:
· Demonstrate strong work ethic.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
· Prioritize multiple and competing demands and respond flexibly to changing priorities
About Eaton's Cooper Power Systems Location(s)
Waukesha serves as the main location for Eaton's Cooper Power Systems business offices. Conveniently located 15 miles west of Milwaukee, recreational opportunities in Waukesha County include:
Waukesha County is home to excellent schools, many beautiful communities, and an unsurpassed quality of living. Learn more here .
- 77 lakes offering fishing, swimming, boating
- 21,000 acres of public parks (state, county, municipal)
- 129 miles of hiking and biking trails, 70 miles of cross country ski trails and nearly 200 miles of snowmobile trails
- Over 20 public golf courses, countless more are privately operated
Eaton's Cooper Power Systems endeavors to make our career site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Division Talent Management Representative at (262)-896-2487. Eaton's Cooper Power Systems, LLC is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
- 3 years ago - save job