Essential Duties and Responsibilities:|
- Develops and communicates mission, vision and values. Establishes overall strategic direction, organizational, managerial accountability and goal deployment structures to achieve strategic and operational objectives.
- Collaborates with Chief Executive and relevant staff in establishing long/short-term business strategy and detailed execution plans to meet/exceed financial, growth, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement objectives. Ensures objectives are communicated effectively to the senior leadership team and the employee population.
- Manages overall performance, profit & loss and day-to-day operations of the business areas across several geographic sites. This includes meeting established Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) targets established by Chief Executive
- Lead business area and functional activities including, but not limited to, finance, HR, program management; business development; strategic planning; integration, delivery and system support, and all operational elements. The continuous objective is to improve interrelated business processes, systems and the workforce to optimize and achieve operational performance, program execution, growth, profitability and reputation enhancement.
- Ensures strategies are understood by the implementing organizations and partners, and is responsible for these organizations maximizing their contributions to the process and achievement of same.
- Identify all company assets, products, systems, services, resources and capabilities available and required to configure, acquire and deliver customer solutions and support.
- Review and refine, as required, the mission statement, objectives and intended strategies. Present to senior management for review and approval. Identify all resources and capabilities required to support and achieve the plan.
- Conceive and define new customer requirements and penetration strategies.
Security Clearance: In scope Top Secret (minimum).
Accomplished and recognized P&L and strategic leadership experience.
High degree of knowledge of military and commercial program management.
In-Depth knowledge of Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) and Six Sigma and/or Lean Six Sigma control methods.
An understanding with Government supply chain management standards.
May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
Extreme domain knowledge of current and future customer(s) requirements.
Requires currency and connectivity throughout customer communities.
Must have proven leadership development and strong people skills
20 years's experience in managing large government or commercial contracts/programs .
Competencies: · Exceptional and polished presentation/briefing skills and the ability to succinctly articulate complex ideas and concepts at the most senior levels of management throughout the corporation, subcontractor and customer communities.
- Ability to work across the various company divisions/sectors, team member and subcontractor landscapes to actively promote, define and architect cross-organizational mission solutions.
- Confidence, knowledge and recognized stature within the industry and relevant customer domains to challenge status quo in developing, pursuing and capturing a higher order of systems level solutions and support business.
- Leadership/management competencies and skills including a solid record of building a cohesive and high performance leadership team. Verifiable background where these attributes made a difference in new business acquisition, program execution and overall company performance. What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...