Overall responsibility is for supporting Regional Health & Safety Manager in the implementation and adherence to the Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Transportation policies. Provides guidance on regulatory matters. Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practice of daily operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports the Regional H&S Manager in division level implementation of all health, safety, environmental and transportation policies, programs and systems.
2. Assists in integration of the division EH&S programs into operations.
3. Coordinates and/ or delivers all assigned division employees proper EH&S training.
4. Participates in regular EH&S meetings for the division.
5. Ensures compliance with Established systems for maintaining required facility EH&S documentation, permits and plans.
6. Conduct regular workplace H&S audits to evaluate cultural development
7. Conduct incident investigations as required.
8. Complete and submit various reports and updates as necessary
9. Make recommendations to Division H&S Manager to correct cultural deficiencies.
10. Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
(NCSO, CSO, CRSP, CHSC,GSC candidates preferred or working towards.)
Two (2) or more years of experience in industrial or construction environments.
Demonstrated knowledge of all related provincial and federal occupational health and safety legislation, environmental protection legislation, and related codes / standards. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good computer skills using Microsoft based software and basic database functions.
Veolia Environmental Services - 18 months ago