Currently the fourth largest producer of natural gas in the continental United States, Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. We are also focused on creating and capturing additional value through our natural gas gathering and marketing business, which we refer to as Midstream Services. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It’s a commitment that has motivated our employees for more than 80 years. Every day we are explorers and producers, working to discover innovative new ways to fuel the future. Our culture demands creativity and innovation, and we foster this by building programs and procedures that make our company and industry better. We give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. It’s important to us to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment. We reward team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits. We support our employees with opportunities to participate in ongoing development training and support groups.
We are at the forefront of several significant projects, including the Fayetteville Shale and Marcellus Shale plays. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and is the largest producer of its natural gas. In a few short years, we achieved two significant milestones – total gross operated production of 2 Bcf per day and surpassed 3 Tcf cumulative gross operated production. In the Marcellus, our gross operated production reached nearly 700 MMcf at year-end 2013. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have exploratory efforts in the Brown Dense, located near the Arkansas-Louisiana border, East Texas, Colorado’s Denver-Julesburg Basin and Niobrara formation, and New Brunswick, Canada.
Division Order Analyst, Corporate Land
Under limited supervision and reporting to a Division Order Manager for an assigned area, a Division Order Analyst establishes and maintains the record title ownership of oil and gas properties to insure the accurate payment of royalty and working interest revenues, and billing of well costs to the working interest ownership in compliance with corporate control functions, procedures and policies. This position requires strong analytical, technical Land skills, independent action, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
Job Details and Primary Responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret the provisions of deeds, leases, assignments, probate documents, contracts, legal decrees, division orders, joint operating agreements, contracts and other similar and related legal documents conveying title to oil and gas properties.
- Review title opinions, unitization orders and pooling declarations.
- Decide title curative or waiver of requirements in title opinions, coordinate the curing of title requirements with in-house and field landmen, and obtain curative documents.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets calculating divisions of interest, and establish and maintain well title ownership decks in an integrated Land and Accounting software system used by Accounting for the accurate billing of costs and payment of revenues.
- Process ownership changes upon receipt of deeds, leases, assignments, etc.
- Resolve interest owner communications, payment and other land-related inquiries.
- Research and resolve title requirements for suspended interest owners.
- Ensure that internal control procedures are maintained.
- Complete work timely to comply with contractual and statutory requirements.
- Create division orders, amended division orders and transfer orders.
- Communicate and interact effectively with internal counterparts in Land Operations, Lease Records, Revenue Accounting, Joint Venture Accounting and Marketing.
- Communicate externally with royalty and working interest owners and other business stakeholders as required.
- Take on assignments for job-related special projects as may be needed.
- Earned a High School Diploma.
- Authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions.
- Possesses competency in accurately entering data into integrated Land, Revenue and JIB Accounting software systems for the set up and maintenance of well title ownership.
- Have good research, math, interpersonal communication and analytical skills.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Excel spreadsheets for well set up.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects timely to comply with contractual and statutory requirements.
- Able to respond to and resolve owner communications and issues (calls, emails, letters).
- Able to draft business letters and emails to effectively communicate title issues and solutions to royalty and working interest owners.
- Have 3-5 years of related experience in land records, titles and leases, or previous experience in Division Order work.
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED
- Earned Bachelor's degree – Business, majoring in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Energy Management or Management.
- Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Texas and Louisiana division order experience.
- Achieved designation of Certified Division Order Analyst.
- Have good understanding of oil and gas accounting principles.
SouthWestern Energy Company - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard