Are you a strong leader with extensive knowledge of the Tampa home building market? Do you have a proven track record of implementing new processes and building strong teams? If so, we are looking for you to grow our Tampa home building division into an operation that delivers 250+ homes annually. You will report to the Region President who in turn reports to the COO.
JOB EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Provide strong leadership and build a team that can maximize profitability, minimize costs, drive accountability and meet or exceed the goals of the Division while enhancing the Hovnanian brand.
- Negotiate and acquire land at favorable prices in the most promising areas.
- Monitor construction costs and quality throughout the building process.
- Implement new processes
- Oversee governmental approvals on both land use and construction. Seek to understand all regulations associated with relevant geographic locations to minimize the time involved in the building process.
- Monitor all marketing and sales activities which promote closures and brand recognition. Keep inventories in line with present and future sales.
- Evaluate projects through various feasibility studies.
- Oversee the design and proper planning of communities and products with various general management and functional executives.
- Promote the customer as the source of company-wide success.
- Coach, evaluate, and supervise those reporting directly to the Division President.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated his/her ability to develop a dedicated team of professionals by establishing a winning and enthusiastic culture. You must have strong leadership and operational experience in the Tampa home building market. You’ll have a deep
rolodex of land contacts
who know to call you when land opportunities emerge
. 10+ years of home building experience in a senior leadership position with an emphasis in operations, land acquisition or land development. Knowledge of all product types and public home building experience a strong plus.
Maintaining a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings, taking personal accountability and setting positive examples for Associates are necessities for this position. Candidate must proactively face adversity and challenges head on while being committed to providing customers with excellent services and products. The individual should possess a strong understanding of the homebuilding industry and be aware of how strategies, trends and policies work in the marketplace. Exceeding goals successfully and making good decisions based upon analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment is required. The capacity for negotiating skillfully in tough situations, utilizing leadership skills on a daily basis and maintaining positive relationships while under pressure is a must.
K. Hovnanian is committed to supporting our staff by providing an extremely competitive benefits package including 401(k) as well as medical, dental, vision plans and much more.
You don't have to live in a hovel if you buy a Hovnanian. Hovnanian Enterprises designs, builds, and markets single-family detached...