Ascena Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ - ASNA), is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women, tween girls and boys, operating through a family of wholly owned subsidiary brands: dressbarn, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, Cacique and Catherines! The Company operates over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with approximately $4.4 billion in revenue. Although each brand is truly unique, we all share a common goal- We make people feel good about themselves. By offering an engaging customer experience and the latest fashions at a great value, we help our customers look and feel their very best! At ascena, talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
Dressbarn , a subsidiary of Ascena Retail Group, Inc., (NASDAQ - ASNA), offers casual career and special occasion fashion apparel and accessories at value prices for women ages 35-55, operating approximately 830 stores in 47 states. Ascena Retail Group Inc. is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women and tween girls and boys, operating, through a family of wholly-owned subsidiaries, dressbarn , maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, Cacique and Catherines! Ascena operates through its subsidiaries over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with revenues of over $4 billion.
At dressbarn, we believe talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we also offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
We are currently seeking a Divisional Controller, Assistant Vice President, Finance. This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer for dressbarn. The Divisional Controller is responsible for leading the reporting, accounting, internal controls and division level financial analysis in support of the dressbarn Division. In this role, the Division Controller will have extensive interaction with all levels of the organization. Overall, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, experience in Corporate finance within a large multi-division corporation, as well as be a motivated self starter who is able to create strategy, and communicate effectively in order to meet division expectations. Departmental Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to Financial Accounting, Accounting Operations, and Inventory Control.
- Manage all of the division's accounting functions. Consolidate monthly divisional financials through the close process, ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in compliance with corporate accounting policies, maintain division financial data and facilitate all required monthly/quarterly reporting deliverables to corporate and executive management.
- Manage and prioritize the activities of the divisional finance team to meet all reporting deadlines as well as manage numerous process improvement and communication/training projects to streamline current processes and models.
- Oversee all accounting/finance requirements for the division and provide financial/strategic guidance to Executive management to help drive key business results.
- Provide leadership to the Finance and Accounting function with a focus on development of a cohesive, high performing team.
- Work closely with peers across the corporation to implement company-wide initiatives.
- Direct the preparation of quarterly forecasts, annual operating plan and long range strategic plan for the division.
- Forecast, plan and maintain division selling, general and administrative costs.
- Direct the preparation and presentation of operational results for the division's executive management to use in performance review and decision making, including Divisional Monthly and Quarterly Business Review Packages.
- Research, interpret and provide guidance on technical GAAP accounting issues.
For this position, the ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting with an MBA or Master's Degree in Finance, preferred. A minimum of 8 years of experience in Corporate finance positions is essential, preferably in a retail environment. A CPA is highly desirable and prior experience in a Big Four public accounting environment is a definite plus. The candidate should have an understanding of SOX compliance requirements with respect to financial reporting processes. In addition, strong technical skills are important including: knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, prior Project skills knowledge, experience with financial systems (oracle), business performance management systems and experience with business intelligence software.
Outstanding written and oral communication skills with polished presentation skills are key for this role. Effective leadership skills, including but not limited to: change management capabilities, demonstrated ability to build and develop organizational talent and the ability to operate in a corporate multi-divisional structure are of great significance. Strong analytical skills that include experience working and extracting information from various accounting platforms and the ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections are crucial. The ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects, as well as having a successful track record of establishing strategic directions and leading a team to successfully implement actions to achieve the expected results are also vital attributes.
This list of position responsibilities herein is not intended to be all-inclusive and may include additional responsibilities as required and assigned. It may become necessary to modify/change these position responsibilities from time to time.
- 2 years ago - save job
Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel and...