The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is a growing organization consisting of multiple brands and channels. We work hard, but we also know how to have fun! Activities like summer bocce tournaments, the Strawberry Shortcake Smack-down, Halloween pumpkin carving contests, BBQs complete with s’mores and wacky fashion shows are just a taste of life at VTB.
A Divisional Inventory Control Liaison at Vermont Teddy Bear Company is responsible for setting up and maintaining product files for the web and order entry program, product on/off function, accelerated tracking procedures, gathering, entering and preparing monthly hard good and supply inventory numbers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicate to all locations via e-mail, phone and fax on a regular basis all inventory needs.
• Prepare and process regularly scheduled hard good and supply inventory spreadsheets for Calyx, VTB and PJ inventory locations.
• Create item codes for all Bill of Material (BOM) levels using the IPIC standard.
• Set up product and kit codes in Avexxis (order entry system) and Catalog Manager (web) and maintain these files.
• Conduct hands on physical cycle counts as determined by the Inventory Control Supervisor or Manager.
• Daily data entry of all inventory related paper-work.
• Check daily receipts for vendor and cost accuracy, update as needed.
• Provide consistent back up to all Vermont Teddy Bear companies with regard to item code set-up, data entry of paperwork, assistance with cycle counts and discrepancy research.
• Maintain available inventory levels for multiple web-sites.
• Facilitate cycle counts; to include count sheet preparation, count sheet analysis and recount requests, for all companies requested.
Year-End Inventory – All Divisions
• Update location files to reduce the length of reports.
• Work with departments to run reports to help them clean up inventory issues prior to the actual count.
• Freeze inventory, run count sheets, data entry of counts.
• Assist with all preparations as directed by supervisor or manager.
Product Tracking – All Divisions
• Advise Inventory of any items that need to be cycle counted.
• Follow up availability dates with Catalog/Call Center/Internet/Production/Purchasing/Receiving to keep product flow smooth.
• Maintain warning messages and comments in Avexxis, send out e-mails to inform departments of product status.
• Update files in Catalog Manager to reflect availability on the web, adding messages where necessary, utilizing PAT (Product Availability Tool) in these processes.
• Work with Customer Service to establish quarterly product reserve quantities and update as needed in Avexxis.
• Work with Wholesale Coordinator to identify products associated with new initiatives, setup tracking process if needed.
• Work with the Offshore Administrator to establish inventory levels to identify At Risk product.
• Track product for all lines of business, communicate as needed with departments to remove product from Internet sites.
Peak Period Responsibilities
• Identify product associated to peak and communicate cycle count items to the Inventory Control Manager.
• Prepare tracking spreadsheet and input starting numbers as requested by the Inventory Control Manager.
• Monitor orders in the "IN" and "IP" status.
• Work flexible hours as needed during all peak periods.
Responsible for adherence to VTBC’s inventory control policies and procedures.
Assist with the development, maintenance, dissemination and adherence to departmental Action Plans on a year-round basis.
Responsible for Share-Our-Staff participation as required during Peak Periods.
Responsible for writing Peer Reviews and Management Assessments as requested.
Will follow all ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by VTB and the department.
Must possess organizational, communication, customer service, data analysis and math skills. Must be able to work independently as well as with a team and be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
Experience with inventory and firm understanding of Windows and Windows-based programs, Internet and spreadsheets.
A comprehensive benefits package including 401(k). In addition to the standard benefits, we offer some other fun perks including employee discounts, onsite Physical Therapy, onsite garden space, Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) farm share reimbursement, free gym membership for our employees and their families, onsite Chiropractic and Massage Therapy and onsite nutritionist.
The Vermont Teddy Bear Company - 13 months ago