Job Title: |
Divisional Sales Manager (South East Territory- NC, SC, KY, MD & VA)
New York, NY
Note: This role is covering our South East Territory. Position can be located out of North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Maryland & Virginia.
Summary of Responsibilities :
Responsible for managing the sales activities of the division, including sales forecasting, budgeting and human capital to achieve channel and company goals.
Principal Responsibilities :
Works with Channel Leader to develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve channel and company goals.
Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
Manages staffing, training and performance evaluations to hire, train and develop associates.
Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
Conducts meetings, seminars and training workshops to employees and current/prospective customers to increase the knowledge of MeLife’s products.
Strategically plan and manage the deployment of resources to maximize territorial sales while being responsible for budgeting and expenses.
Continuously scan competitive environment and make appropriate adjustments, i.e. products or enhancements, shifts in wholesaling paradigms, movement in market share,etc.
Balance and successfully manage the daily needs of wholesalers consistent with mission of the Enterprise.
Knowledge/Skills/Competencies Required :
- 5+ years sales experience wholesaling in financial services industry (internal, external or combination)
- Proven ability to lead others through coaching, experience in a sales management role
- Ability to work independently and to communicate clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent presentation skills, both in creation and delivery, to current and prospective broker-dealers.
- Thorough knowledge of sales and marketing principles and practices.
- Expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of existing, new and enhanced products.
- Proven ability to grow a territory as measured by sales and persistency of business.
- Travel up to 85% required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent of experience and education
- Life Insurance License
- NASD Series 24 and Series 6/7
Five to Seven Years
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...