Are you looking for an opportunity to lead change in an innovative organization? If you are a strong leader with a successful track record, we want to hear from you! Ashford University was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Ashford University employees witness such change every day.
The Divisional Vice President of Student Services position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Divisional Vice President of Student Services reports directly to the Vice President of Student Services with responsibility over the Director of Student Advising/Services and Associate Director of Student Advising/Services positions and their staff. Through leadership development and mentoring, performance monitoring, reporting, and forecasting, the Divisional Vice President of Student Services provides guidance to the department on operational excellence and input to the Vice President of Online Student Services related to performance optimization. The Divisional Vice President of Student Services works collaboratively with all staff to ensure the mission of the University is achieved as well as promotes a culture of individual and university-wide excellence.
Essential Job Duties:
• Understand, pursue, and strive to fulfill the university’s mission and core values.
• Lead effectively through times of transition, evolution, and change in a way that inspires trust and commitment to the university and its student body.
• Support the VP of Student Services with the development, monitoring, and completion of short and long-term goals in alignment with university and departmental strategies and vision.
• Under the supervision of the VP of Student Services, provide support and guidance as well as day-to-day direction to the Student Services management and staff community across locations in a way that promotes inclusion, feedback, and continuous improvement.
• Perform supervisory responsibilities including: interviewing, hiring, orienting and training and retaining employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; recognizing and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and Development to create and maintain effective employee and leadership level training and development programs; foster personal and professional growth of staff and management through regular interaction and support.
• Ensure compliance with all external regulatory and institutional policies and procedures.
• Accurately forecast departmental performance and consistent achievement of departmental expectations.
• Collaborate with other university leaders to develop and support policies, procedures, and communication to facilitate performance and service optimization.
• Analyze data, monitor performance and trends; effectively communicate and report as required or requested with departmental and university leadership.
• Resolve escalated issues and interact with students, staff, and internal customers, as needed, in an effective and professional manner.
• Exercise independent judgment and effective critical thinking skills.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
• Leading People: This competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
• Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
• Building Communication: This leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
• Driving Results: This competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
• Six (6) years of post-secondary Student Services related work experience strongly preferred.
• Three (3) years of post-secondary Student Services management work experience strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated effective critical thinking and decision making skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft® Office Word®, Excel®, Outlook®, and PowerPoint® applications
• Proficient in all university student information systems and applications
• Bachelor’s degree from a Regionally Accredited or approved Nationally Accredited
• Master’s degree from a Regionally Accredited or approved Nationally Accredited Institution strongly preferred
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 12 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...