Divisional Vice President – |
We are seeking an uncommon, visionary, sales leadership professional to join our family as a Divisional Vice President (DVP) of the western division. This position is remotely located and will work in a home office with extensive travel. The ideal candidate will be located on the west coast. This position will cover the western portion of the United States.
The DVP will be responsible for the leadership, development and performance of all sales activities of the Regional Vice Presidents within their division. This role leads talent management initiatives by establishing and implementing a comprehensive training plan through sharing best practices and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum performance of their team. Additionally, the DVP establishes strategies and plans to expand relationships with retirement focused advisors.
At CUNA Mutual Retirement Solutions, it is our mission to recognize the powerful human story of the service and accomplishments of hard-working Americans, and help them meet their challenge in achieving a secure retirement. For more than fifty years, we have been a leading provider of qualified and nonqualified retirement solutions that delivers service excellence and customer-focused, best-in-class products. With nearly $17 billion assets under administration and over 6,900 retirement plans in place, we're helping more than 330,000 hard-working Americans save for the future. Our products, tools and resources work together to help achieve better employee outcomes that are measured at the plan and participant levels. Visit us at cunamutualrs.com
1. In conjunction with the Director, Intermediary Sales and the leadership team, develop and execute business plan and sales strategy for the division that ensures attainment of organizational sales goals by revenue, assets and product mix.
2. Assist in the training and achievement of each Regional Vice President’s professional development plan and holds them accountable for successful performance.
3. Provide timely and ongoing feedback and coaching to assigned Regional Vice Presidents. This includes, but is not limited to face to face coaching during joint sales calls, regular one on one calls and in person one-on-one reviews.
4. Facilitate accountability of all designated activities and other pertinent information in SalesForce.com as required.
5. Work closely with the Regional Vice Presidents, to ensure professional proposals and sales presentations are delivered and consult on strategy document preparation for final presentations to drive increased sales success.
6. Effectively navigate home office resources for escalated issue resolution.
7. Follow prescribed sales process.
8. Keep up on legislative changes, investment knowledge and professional development training.
9. Effectively manage divisional T&E budget to control cost of distribution, yet spend accordingly to expand relationships and develop personnel.
10. Acts as liaison between senior leadership team and Regional Vice Presidents, for a feedback loop representing the views of the sales force.
11. Provides weekly feedback regarding performance of sales team to Director of Intermediary Sales.
12. Adheres to all company policies, procedures and code of ethics and ensures that they are communicated to and adhered to by the team.
13. Attend regional meetings representing organization at broker-dealer and/ or industry events.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. 5-7 years of successful external sales leadership experience in the emerging market retirement plan space.
2. Willingness to travel (potentially up to 75% at times) and work in fast paced environment.
3. Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
4. FINRA Series 26, 6 and 63, and Life and Variable insurance licenses required.
5. Ability to execute on vision into uncharted territories.
6. Demonstrated sales & marketing knowledge of retirement plans and associated investments, and their appropriate applications within the context of a needs-based story-selling sales process.
CUNA Mutual Retirement Solutions is a part of CUNA Mutual Group based in Madison, WI which has provided financial services to credit unions and their members since 1935.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 8+ years
Area of Interest(s): Underwriting, Product, Sales, Sales Operations
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: RLB20141903-86266
CUNA Mutual Group - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard