Logistics, one of the world's leading supply chain companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Approximately 50,000 employees in nearly 170 countries are dedicated to delivering effective and robust supply chain solutions across a variety of sectors where CEVA applies its operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated network. For the year ending 31 December, 2012, the Company and its subsidiaries reported revenues of €7.2 billion. We operate nationally throughout the U.S. with opportunities throughout the nation. Our Americas Region headquarters are located in Houston, TX.
operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
offers competitive incentive packages, exceptional benefits and an exceptional culture for career building. Start your career with
and build on our Foundations: Unity, Growth and Excellence.
people are passionate about supply chain management.
Logistics is currently hiring a Dock/Warehouse Supervisor for the New York, NY (JFK) location. Supervisor will Coordinate and supervise all activities on the outbound dock and ensure the logistics operations are run effectively at a 24/7 facility working swing shift (shifts rotated quarterly)
- Develop and maintain excellent service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Plan the daily work schedule by reviewing existing work orders, arrival notices and instructions from customers.
- Assess priorities based on time sensitivity and available resources.
- Assign duties to appropriate dock/warehouse staff.
- Review pending jobs or trends, plan for reorganization of warehouse space, and needed changes in levels of supplies, equipment, or staffing needs.
- Train new staff in assigned duties, or delegate training responsibility to experienced specialist.
- Monitor quantity and quality of jobs being performed throughout the day, providing guidance and advice as necessary.
- Assign supervisory duties to experienced specialists acting as leads for lower level warehouse staff.
- Keep abreast of progress or problems.
- Keep manager advised of progress or problems requiring attention on a daily basis.
- Hold regular meetings with warehouse staff to assess group's overall status.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for more efficient operations.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department.
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with personnel policies.
Knowledge Experience & Skills:
To apply for this position click on
- High School Diploma or GED required with equivalent combination of work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum three years warehouse/dock experience required.
- Minimum one year supervisory and/or management experience required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs is required.
- Ability to drive and/or operate forklift, pallet jack and hand truck is required.
- Valid state issued driver's license is required.
- Forklift Driver Certification is required
- HAZMAT certification preferred
, click on the careers tab (bottom of page) and click on the CEVA Jobs link -enter the job name or requisition number to search for the applicable position and follow instructions to complete your application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. EOE - M/F/D/V
Ceva Logistics - 11 months ago
CEVA Logistics U.S. is a regional unit of CEVA Logistics, part of giant CEVA Group. CEVA Logistics US provides freight forwarding and...