Nossaman is seeking an energetic, creative, and detail-oriented Docket Specialist to support the firm's docket function. The Docket team is part of the dynamic firm-wide Knowledge Management department, works under the supervision of the Firm's Records Manager, and will be located in the Los Angeles office.
- Provides data entry, maintenance and first level support of firm-wide automated docket/calendar system in conjunction with the LA Docket Specialist
- Responds in a timely professional way to legal staff and attorney questions regarding docket/calendar, court rules related to litigation deadlines
- Assist with the implementation of a firm-wide docket policies and procedures
- Adhere to docket procedures and methods of entry
- Ensure proper documentation of all transactions as specified by docket policies, procedures and Manager.
- Under the supervision of the Records Manager, determines docket/calendar dates from court documents and correspondence and enters data into the docket/calendar software
- Provides troubleshooting and support to legal staff regarding the docket processes and policies
- Produce reports for all professionals and appropriate staff upon request.
- Provides backup to LA Docket Specialist as needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal court rules
- Experience in Compulaw's Vision Docketing/Calendar software
- Knowledge of CMS/Aderant time accounting system
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, telephone, written) required
- Excellent client service and teamwork skills required
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Excellent organization skills required
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately, thoroughly and consistently required
- Ability to proactively identify problem areas and communicate them to appropriate individuals
As with all Firm positions, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment, and sensitivity to others are essential. Enthusiasm, diverse interests, and a good sense of humor are also useful and appreciated.
- BA/BS preferred, paralegal certification helpful
- 1-3 years related legal calendar/docket experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to prioritize time and manage workload to meet urgent deadlines.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online by submitting a resume and cover letter.
Nossaman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Nossaman Guthner Knox & Elliott LLP is a California-based national law firm specializing in infrastructure; complex civil litigation; land...