Are you ready to change the future? You have the opportunity to join the company that helped establish solar markets around the world and continues to innovate in the renewable energy space. SunPower has facilities in the US, Europe and Asia, and we are seeking talented people to join us in building a clean energy future.
Widely recognized as the world’s standard for solar, SunPower produces the world’s highest efficiency solar products. Our quality and reliability standards far exceed those of any other company in the industry.
SunPower and Total, the global energy producer and provider, have announced a transformational investment by Total in SunPower. The companies have signed a set of strategic agreements to accelerate SunPower’s growth in the increasingly competitive solar sector. Total’s investment is based on SunPower’s leading position in designing, manufacturing and delivering the world’s highest efficiency, highest reliability solar systems with guaranteed performance. These agreements will accelerate SunPower’s growth and further improve its financial strength.
SunPower is committed to the success of our company, our employees and the communities around the world that need us most. We support our employees’ commitment to their communities through a culture of volunteerism, and through The SunPower Foundation, which makes grants to green initiatives throughout the world. As a company, we operate with the highest sustainability standards.
In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a Document Control Specialist to maintain and organize the documents for the Antelope Valley Solar Project. The Document Control Specialist must understand the project documentation management strategy for each project, and help organize and implement this plan on large-scale photovoltaic projects. The Document Control Specialist is responsible for administering improved Document Control Processes, and encouraged to identify problems and suggest improvements to these processes. The Document Control Specialist will work with Project Managers, Engineers, Designers, Contractors, and others and will use Electronic Document Management Systems to perform the work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Maintain and organize project files within e-Builder, including ensuring e-Builder files have the most current drawing sets, and that older files are archived accordingly.
• Maintain and distribute Master Drawing Lists for each project assigned.
• Issue drawings, specifications, bid document sets, permit application sets, and other project documents electronically through e-Builder.
• Set up folders and communication protocols in e-Builder as directed by project team members.
• Apply tags and meta-data to individual documents to facilitate retrieval
• Work with engineers, designers, project managers, contract managers, and other project participants to carry out approved procedures on individual project documents.
• Advise, as needed on procedures and protocols for document receiving, naming, numbering, filing, storing, transmitting, retrieving, and archiving all project documents.
• Maintain documents issued for owner review within e-Builder, and send documents with appropriate transmittals to owner and subcontractors, and internal to SunPower
• Log new documents into project document lists, distribute documents for review and comment, gather comments and return comments to the originator, within timeframes specified.
• Support SunPower and Contracted Construction Management teams at the project site.
• Formally transmit Issued for Construction Drawings to owner and subcontractors as appropriate.
• Communicate and interface with subcontractor document team/project administrators regarding questions and comments that arise. Escalate any unresolved issues to project team for resolution in a prompt manner.
• Manage and implement document control procedure, including assigning associated numbering, and ensuring use of specified system.
• Assist project team, contracts management personnel, and engineering personnel with document-related support, details and other items as needed.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements -
• Bachelors Degree or four years work experience equivalent.
• Skills in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other common office software.
• Successful experience working in an office team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
• Experience with E-Builder or similar document management software
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to see the big picture, anticipate problems and how they will affect the project team, and proactively address these issues
• Strong multi-tasking skills
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
• Work location is at the Antelope Valley Solar Project near Lancaster, California.
• Frequent travel to other design offices and construction sites (20% - 40% of time).
• Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the United States
• Limited relocation assistance will be provided to the selected candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer
SunPower Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of SunPower Corporation to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.*LI-TJ
SunPower Corporation - 2 years ago