Breg provides premium, high-value sports medicine products and services that advance orthopedic patient care. From pioneering cold therapy products and innovative bracing to caring customer service and award-winning orthopedic practice solutions, Breg delivers a 360°customer experience unmatched in the industry.
Founded in 1989, Breg offers cold therapy, knee, shoulder, spine, elbow/wrist, foot/ankle bracing and orthopedic practice solutions. The Company’s products are sold through more than 100 distributors in 36 countries. Breg is based in Carlsbad, CA.
We currently have a full-time opening for a Document Control Specialist at our Carlsbad, California headquarters.
The Document Control Specialist is responsible for administering the Quality System controlled documents in accordance with Breg’s policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review Change Orders for completeness, accuracy and assess impact to other documents. Determine the appropriate approval requirements for each Change Order type.
- Release Change Orders by ensuring the request meets the Change Control policies, procedures and regulation standards.
- Perform data entries to Bill of Materials, Item Master, and Change Orders in Oracle.
- Release approved drawings from PDM (Product Data Management) system.
- Facilitate the Change Control Board.
- Generate notifications to the appropriate process owners and authors on new or revised documents.
- Act as the liaison between Mexicali and Carlsbad (Corporate Office) on shared activities.
- Assist in internal process development focused on streamlining Change Order efficiency and effectiveness through continuous improvement tools. Lead effective team meetings and document results.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Responsible for taking accountability to demonstrate the organization’s Cultural Beliefs and achieving desired results. Responsible for driving the Culture within the organization by using tools such as storytelling, focused feedback, and recognition. Performance is aligned with the Culture of Accountability - See It, Own It, Solve It, and Do It. All employees are expected to know and understand Breg’s Cultural Beliefs.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in medical device or medical regulated industry is a plus. Will also consider candidates with defense industry experience.
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years experience in document control systems (manual and/or electronic systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience.
- Evidence of progressively increased responsibilities.
- Oracle ERP engineering module a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.breg.com and click on the ‘Careers’ section.
Breg - 14 months ago
BREG provide a comprehensive bracing range including post operative braces and rehabilitative bracing which can be custom made or indeed off...