HNTB, a leader in bridge and transportation design, has an immediate opening for a Document Control Specialist in their New York, NY office . HNTB is a firm where you can take advantage of tremendous resources – our experience and leadership, excellent client relationships, history and outstanding reputation, nationwide network of offices, top-notch technology and support tools – and make meaningful contributions to the communities in which we work and live.
- Monitor compliance with the Company’s document control procedures and requirements, control deviations and follow up their correction
- Assist in training staff in the Company’s document control processes and associated tools
- Check incoming documents for readiness prior processing
- Update registers and the Electronic Content Management System (ECMS) for the documents being processed
- Distribute documents by hard copy and electronic means, including arranging copies
- Filing and Archiving of documents
- Reporting on document control processes
- Administer the document lifecycle (author, approve, publish, revise, retire, archive) engineering, construction documents and other business policies and procedures.
- Prepare electronic document templates.
- Support in the performance of quality reviews and audits
- Scan documents, update procedures,
- Assist in other related tasks as requested by the Document Control Manager
- Candidate must have at least 3 years of experience performing the duties described
- AA or BA degree in a related field a plus
- Strong understanding and capabilities in utilizing naming and numbering conventions for receiving, recording, filing, transferring, transmitting, retrieving and archiving documents;
- Must be able to Identify errors, problems, or non-standard situations and suggest alternatives;
- Must possess the ability to understand the underlying document control principles involved and a strong initiative to apply them
- Must possess character traits of being accurate, meticulous, proactive, efficient, self-organizing, a team player
- Must be proficient in common software, particularly MS Office; training for ECMS software is provided
- Experience in construction works and familiarity with the types of information handled is a plus, knowledge of construction records is a definite advantage
- Working knowledge of SharePoint a major plus
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
HNTB - 24 months ago
HNTB knows the ABCs of A/E. The company is a pure design firm, which derives most of its revenues from architecture, engineering, or...