The Document Control Specialist will be responsible to maintain ISO9001 compliant quality management systems, documents, and records. To ensure that all documents of the quality management system are controlled through origin, review, approval, distribution, availability, security, and revision; as prescribed in the company’s document control process.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- The core function consists of operating and maintaining the Document Control system used to create and maintain Bill of Materials (BOM), ISO documents, instructions, Corrective/Preventive Action Reports and related documents.
- Ensure appropriate parties and participants receive documents with assigned control numbers, and notifications of documents for review and approval.
- Complete assignments according to set standards in regards to conciseness, clarity, style and terminology.
- Gather information from several resources for document content.
- Arrange team meetings, trainings, collect & post records of meetings & trainings such as attendant list, training materials.
- Maintain ISO compliance status by ensuring all documents, processes, forms follow ISO standards.
- Update Word, Excel, and Visio documents from marked up drafts supplied by engineering/manufacturing personnel.
- Propose changes back to initiator and immediate stakeholders for approval.
- Support users of the Quality Management System to ensure processes are followed as described in procedure.
- Informally maintain soft copy directory and hard copy storage of various agreements, including but not limited to Non-Disclosure Agreements, Consultant Agreements, and Sales Agreements.
- Provide relevant training on Document Control procedures.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities to support Document Control and QA as defined by management.
- AA or better in English with knowledge in computer systems.
- Previous Document Control experience of 3 years or more.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Visio, etc.).
- Writing – excellent formatting, composition, grammar, editing and communication skills to make documents appropriate for the needs of the users.
- Prior experience with Agile and/or Arena documentation control systems is preferred.
- Previous experience with product life-cycle management (ECR/ECO, CA/PA etc.)
- Able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while working independently and with other team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated and innovative in addressing routine assignments.