The Document Control Specialist is responsible for maintaining and assisting in the development of MaxLinear’s document control system and requires knowledge and experience in the execution and management of document control. This position reports to the Quality Assurance department.
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL), where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We strive to hire the best people in the world as we look toward numerous opportunities in our broadband markets.
We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, providing highly integrated radio-frequency (RF) analog and mixed-signal semiconductor solutions for broadband communications applications. Based near San Diego in Carlsbad, California, with design centers in Irvine, California, India and China, we have nearly 300 employees, most with engineering degrees including Master’s and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness and collaboration, and form a high energy business team that is pursuing great technology -- especially in the highly complex and challenging RF field.
The company was incorporated in September 2003 by a team of eight founders with over 70 years of cumulative IC design experience in Bluetooth, GSM, and Cable Tuner products. We developed the first digital CMOS television tuner in 2005 and started shipping the world’s smallest silicon TV tuner in early 2007. Since our founding, we have shipped over 200 million chips.
Our expertise includes communication system design, RF radio design, digital ASIC design, applications platforms, and semiconductor device modeling.
- Manage documents and records archiving according to records retention policy and prevent the use of obsolete documents
- Review documents being logged to verify completeness, legibility, formatting, etc.
- Coordinate the document control function for documents and records required for business operations to ensure version control, traceability / logging, cross functional support for newly required documents and location / security of documents, including electronic and paper.
- Manage document approval process to insure timely review, approval, release and distribution of documents, alert document owners for periodic reviews of existing documents.
- Manage supplier subcontractor’s documents by monitoring and alerting QA to update and insure latest versions are available according to requirements.
- Manage external documents and records from sources other than MaxLinear necessary for the planning and operation of MaxLinear’s operations
- Provide training for users of document control system
- Interface with IT for system enhancement and updates to document control system
- Continuous improvement of document control process
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative, document management, or similar position.
- Experience using:
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Experience in Semiconductor Design/Manufacturing a plus
Minimum High School graduate or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred
MaxLinear is a leading supplier for the nearly 20 million units per year DVB-T STB market. In this fiercely competitive market, STB makers...