Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, is responsible for the creation and modification of engineering documents (drawings) , coordination of engineering change orders, and the maintenance of the bill of material & component information in the MRP System. The Document Control Specialist also participates in the development of new and maintenance of existing document control processes and procedures.
- Creates and modifies engineering documents from markups under the direction of an engineer
- Acts as central collector, reviewer, and distributor of engineering change requests, change orders and change notices
- Enters/updates Bill of Material and component information in the MRP system that results from change orders
- Reports on status of engineering changes in the ECO system
- Leads the development of improvements to document and data control methods and facilitates their implementation
- Prepares and/or modifies 2D and 3D CAD data using Pro/Engineer, Solid Works, and/or AutoCAD
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as required
- Print reading and interpretation
- Document Control Processes
- Pro/E, SolidWorks, AutoCAD
- Windchill, EPDM data vaulting tools
- Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 1 year formal drafting education from and industry recognized institution or the equivalent of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment with proven computer skill capabilities
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience within an engineering document control environment. Experience developing and implementing document control procedures.
- Microsoft Office - Word and Excel
- Cost Accounting course
- Eight years of related work experience in engineering document control. Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in process development and deployment. Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
The history of Phillips & Temro dates back to 1920, when James B. Carter opened his manufacturing business in Winnipeg, Canada. Over the...